Comprehensive course analysis
- What do past participants have to say about the course?
- How many participants were promoted within three years after graduation?
- How did this course affect participants' professional trajectories?
- How many participants got their salary increased within two years after completing the program?
- What do past participants have to say about the course?
Who should attend
The World-Class Negotiator program is designed for commercial negotiators, experienced professionals and strategic decision makers.
For example, senior management, sales and account directors, global business leaders.
About the course
Get an Unfair Negotiation Advantage
This program gives you an unfair advantage – by helping you to prepare and execute strategic negotiations more effectively. Get more of what you want by ensuring that the other party gets what they want – and thereby create world-class deals.
The Aalto University Executive Education Strategic Negotiation program helps you leverage your experience and skills and raise your expertise by using a structured process (APEC+R) to prepare and execute strategic high-value negotiations. The APEC+R process helps you to
- Analyze the situation systematically to identify missing information and formulate actions to obtain it,
- Prepare your deal with a clear strategy that outlines your key issues (and theirs), the playing field, and a long list of ideas that help make your proposals more flexible by identifying options to avoid the ‘yes-no’ trap,
- Execute more effectively using structured conditional proposals that help you get what you want while ensuring that the other party gets what they want,
- Close deals with a clear implementation plan that outlines roles, responsibilities, and timeframes to ensure the agreements made across the table are executed, and
- Review the process to identify strengths and build on them, and learn from mistakes and prepare to avoid them.
You will learn about negotiation styles and how to work with all types of negotiation more effectively, to influence your negotiation partners with conditional value-based proposals, and practice leveraging the team to optimize the outcomes of your strategic negotiations.
Your learning will be enhanced by working in teams with specifically designed cases focusing on the use of the process, methods, and tools. You will have the opportunity to practice all aspects of the negotiation process, as well as review and improve your performance during the post-simulation feedback and video review.
A fully integrated set of tools designed to help you implement the APEC+R process into your day-to-day work is introduced throughout the workshop and provided in electronic format after the session to make it easier to begin using it immediately. A one-to-one coaching session is offered following the workshop to support your implementation of the tools and methods in one of your actual upcoming negotiations.
By participating in the Aalto EE Strategic Negotiation program, you will increase your confidence in approaching, preparing, and executing negotiations of all types – including those with internal stakeholders, customers, partners, suppliers, government authorities, and others with whom you must negotiate to optimize outcomes.
Sign up today to get your unfair advantage – and start negotiating with confidence! Spaces are limited, so make your reservation now.
Learn to adapt creatively to any negotiation strategy
Develop skills to close and negotiate deals more profitably
Enhance the methods and skills you need to effectively execute any negotiation from preparation to closing the deal
Real-life negotiation simulations help you learn to meet challenging negotiation situations
Improve profitability through structured trading rather than price concessions
Develop skills for dealing with emotions in negotiation, handling difficult situations and building trust relationships
Work in harmony with your personal style (change what you do, not who you are)
Gain measurable improvement in individual negotiation skills and organizational competence
Create the terminology and frameworks you need to jointly drive your negotiations
Contents and Schedule
The World-Class Negotiator program is a 2-day intensive program.
Before the program you will receive the textbook by Stuart Diamond: "Getting More: How You Can Negotiate to Succeed in Work and Life". Please use the book as an orientation for the topic and reflect on your own experience. What ideas are useful for you? What could you apply in negotiations with your customers or partners?
- Pre-module Period of 2-3 Weeks Individual preparation
- Two-day module Intensive face-to-face session with instructor and peers
- Case exercises The challenge increases as the program progresses.
Analysis, Preparation and Execution
Create an action plan by using information from sales and other processes to determine what is missing and making a plan to obtain it, and using other tools to improve insight
Create a roadmap for the deal by defining objectives, strategy, key issues, limits, team role, alternatives, and BATNA (best alternative to a negotiated agreement)
Create value proposals by learning about structure, summaries, time-outs and other tools to manage the flow and dynamics of negotiation sessions
Team exercises (using role-reversal methods to improve negotiation readiness)
Psychology of Negotiation
Execution continued (Psychology of Negotiation)
- Managing different negotiating styles (negotiating style, type of negotiators)
- Hardball tactics/ reacting to tricks and threats
- How to achieve your goals (hidden interests, increase value for both sides, increase your share)
Verify whether the objectives are met, ensure that all critical details have been addressed and find areas for improvement
Gopal RajGuru is a sales, negotiation skills and innovation trainer and coach based in Geneva, Switzerland. His background is primarily in high technology sales, marketing and management. In addition, he lectures on managing and executing sales in an entrepreneurial business-to-business selling e...
Videos and materials
Read more about Negotiations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.