Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with McGill Executive institute.Full disclaimer.
About the course
We are in an age of change; companies, industries, and even the very nature of work are being disrupted daily. It can be difficult to maintain the culture that is necessary for an organization to thrive and execute on it’s strategic goals.
This course will deepen your understanding of culture and how it is formed. We will help you uncover the hidden levers of culture and how your culture can be maintained despite disruption. Learn how to successfully leverage organizational culture to accelerate your organizations strategic vision. Explore the future state of your organization and understand how to bridge the gap between what is and what your organization aspires to be. You will be able to communicate and implement an organizational culture that employees actually embrace.
Key Benefits & Takeaways
- Understand the importance of aligning Culture and Strategy
- Understand what organizational culture is and why it matters
- Discover how culture is formed and maintained
- Identify the disruptive forces of culture
- Differentiate perceived culture vs. aspirational culture
- Recognize the different levels of culture in an organization
- Discover different cultural models
Topics covered during the program
Culture & Change
- How culture is formed and maintained
- What are stakeholders expectations
- A look at the pressures that cause shift in culture within an organization
What is Culture?
- Who or what determines it
- Why is it important
- Culture types
- Organizational Effectiveness
- Levels of culture
- You as an organizational culture driver
- Change leadership
- Individual leadership styles
Parameters of Culture
- A look at the 8 Parameters
- How do you position yourself/organization
- Integrated cultural Framework
Bridging the Gap
- The future state
- Managing stakeholder expectations
- The phases of change
- Head, Hearts, Hands
Who should attend
This workshop is designed for executives who manage all sizes and types of organizations, projects and teams looking to improve capabilities in organizational outcomes, retention and engagement. The content applies to all types of organizations from small businesses to multinationals in both private and public sectors.
Trust the experts
Nathalie Duchesnay is a seasoned strategic advisor with both academic and corporate leadership experience. She has been course lecturer at McGill University since 2001 and currently teaches in the MBA program at the Desautels Faculty of Management. Nathalie is well versed in designing and executi...
Career and Professional Development Ms. Karen Diaz M.Ed. (McGill University) is an experienced Adult Educator, facilitator and trainer. Karen has taught undergraduate and graduate courses in Adult education, Diversity & Inclusion, leadership, and human resource management since 1999. She has...