Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This workshop is designed for executives who manage all sizes and types of organizations, projects and teams looking to improve capabilities in organizational outcomes, retention and engagement. The content applies to all types of organizations from small businesses to multinationals in both private and public sectors.
About the course
We are in an age of change when companies, industries, and the nature of work are disrupted daily. It can be diﬃcult to maintain the culture that is necessary for an organization to thrive and achieve its strategic goals. This course will deepen your understanding of culture and how it is formed. We will help you uncover the hidden levers of work culture and to maintain it, despite disruption. Learn how to successfully leverage organizational culture to accelerate your organization’s strategic vision. Explore the future state of your organization and understand how to bridge the gap between what your organization is now and what it aspires to be. You will be able to communicate and implement organizational culture that employees actually embrace.
Key Benefits & Takeaways
- Understand the importance of aligning Culture and Strategy
- Understand what organizational culture is and why it matters
- Discover how culture is formed and maintained
- Identify the disruptive forces of culture
- Differentiate perceived culture vs. aspirational culture
- Recognize the different levels of culture in an organization
- Discover different cultural models
Topics covered in this course
Culture & Change
- Form and maintain the right culture
- Identify stakeholders’ expectations
- Consider the pressures that cause shifts in cultures within organizations
What is Culture?
- Who or what determines it
- Why is it important
- Culture types
- Organizational Effectiveness
- Levels of culture
- You as an organizational culture driver
- Change leadership
- Individual leadership styles
Parameters of Culture
- Eight parameters
- Positioning yourself and your organization
- Integrated cultural framework
Bridging the Gap
- Future state
- Manage stakeholder expectations
- Phases of change
- Head, hearts, hands
Nathalie Duchesnay is a seasoned strategic advisor with both academic and corporate leadership experience. She has been course lecturer at McGill University since 2001 and currently teaches in the MBA program at the Desautels Faculty of Management. Nathalie is well versed in designing and executi...
Career and Professional Development Ms. Karen Diaz M.Ed. (McGill University) is an experienced Adult Educator, facilitator and trainer. Karen has taught undergraduate and graduate courses in Adult education, Diversity & Inclusion, leadership, and human resource management since 1999. She has...
Videos and materials
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.