Women's Leadership Program, Yale Center Beijing
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Yale School of Management.Full disclaimer.
Join forces with Yale to improve your leadership skills, build your network, and prepare for a successful transition to senior leadership by earning the Yale Women’s Leadership Program Certificate.
Women face unique challenges in the workplace but they also add unique value and perspective. They shatter groupthink, improve communications dynamics, and reinvigorate companies in ways that make them more competitive. Research shows companies with a critical mass of top-team gender diversity enjoy significantly better financial performance.
Online videos pre-program and implementations plans post-program extend the impact of an intensive in-person workshop. Yale faculty will lead a wide range of interactive and experiential learning sessions proven to enhance women’s leadership behaviors. Participants build awareness of decision-making biases, learn how to create high-performing teams, negotiate win-win outcomes, manage crises, understand corporate governance, and create a strong personal brand.
Participants leave connected with the Yale network of women who share a passion for leadership and the Women’s Leadership Program Certificate delivered by the prestigious Yale.
Day One: Getting Leadership Perspectives
- Why Great Leaders Put Safety First: Establishing Trust in Teams
- Perspective Taking & The Lost Art of Listening
- Leadership Development for Women: Becoming Your Best Self
- Leading Change from Within: The Psychology of Personal Change
Day Two: Influence & Negotiation for Women Leaders
- Harnessing the Principles of Work Motivation
- Problem Framing: Reframing Challenges
- Gender & Negotiations: Getting to Yes Collaboratively
- Negotiator Mindsets: Friendly Aggression
Day Three: Decision Making and Communication
- From Autocrat to Advisor: Decision Making For Leaders Part I
- From Autocrat to Advisor: Decision Making For Leaders Part II
- Interpersonal Dynamics I: Handling Difficult Conversations
- Interpersonal Dynamics II: Expert Listening Skills
Post-program: Suggested for further development:
- Register in a Women On Board database
- Implement brand marketing and management strategy
- Executive coaching development goals implementation
What to expect
- Lead enterprise-wide gender diversity: Better understand and explain the quantitative and qualitative benefits of diversity to gain support for change.
- Sharpen decision-making skills: Lead growth, manage crises, drive growth through innovation, and make better decisions.
- Elevate your leadership skills: Learn different styles to adapt to an individual’s, team’s, or company’s situation.
- Build a professional brand strategy: Articulate your value proposition and create a career strategy to support your goal to work in senior management.
- Get certified: Every participant in good standing will receive a frame-ready Yale Women’s Leadership Program certificate to show the world your training.
- Connection to Yale: Build your network with leaders across China and the world as you join the Yale family.
Who should attend
Women executives across business, government and non-profit preparing for the next level, or who are new to senior management. Women family business professionals preparing for responsibility as CEO or senior management.