Who should attend
The program is designed for women with upper-management and leadership experience. Admission is by application only.
About the course
Kick some glass and shatter your limitations. Our multi-phased Women’s Leadership Experience is a bold three-month development engagement designed to equip women who are already proven leaders with the knowledge and skills needed to have greater impact and broader influence within their organizations.
There is no one formula for being an effective leader. And for women, leadership potential can be additionally complicated by the infamous glass ceiling.
What Do Participants Learn?
Attend this multi-phased program and acquire the ability to:
- Gain clarity on how others perceive you as a leader.
- Develop behaviors that align with & support personal leadership brands & career direction.
- Exert greater influence over the choices made.
- Navigate complex relationships.
- Build & leverage strategic networks to engage authentically.
- Implement personal leadership strategship
What Are the Challenges Addressed?
- Establishing credibility.
- Managing up & across the organization.
- Negotiating adeptly & influencing others.
- Developing competencies in managing organizational complexity, strategic thinking & acting.
Why Choose CCL’s Women’s Leadership Experience?
- 3-month, multi-phased program deepens learning.
- Two 1:1 executive coaching sessions tailored to each participant.
- Gender-specific format allows for greater openness in a supportive environment and addresses the unique issues women face.
- Opportunity to develop a rich peer support network.
- Development of a personalized action plan for continued development.
- Experiential program allows time for new skills & behaviors to be explored in a safe environment.
What Will the Program Experience Include?
The participant will experience a 5-phased approach:
PHASE 1: PREPARE
Pre-program personal leadership assessments provide:
- Guided self-study of your leadership & career
- 360-degree assessment tool.
Before the program, participants, plus selected direct reports, peers and superiors, complete several web-based surveys.
PHASE 2: ENGAGE
Three-day interactive program includes:
- Individual identity work & exploration of identity alignment
- Executive coaching
- Designing your leadership strategy
- Experiential exercises on-site
PHASE 3: APPLY
After Phase 2, participants take a 3-month phase on the job to:
- Practice new skills & behaviors.
- Engage in a 90-minute executive coaching session.
- Execute Phase 2 goals.
PHASE 4: RE-ENGAGE
Two-day follow-up program to de-brief & continue learning.
- Explore navigating complex relationships
- Finalize personal leadership strategy
- Experiential exercises
- Development of new or updated goals
- Wholeness and wellness
- Executive coaching
PHASE 5: APPLY
Post-program participants apply & sustain their learning via ongoing support:
- New behaviors & tools are ready to be used.
- Additional online resources & peer network keep development on track.
Videos and materials
Read more about Negotiations
Read more about Women Leadership
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.