Women's Executive Leadership Program
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Bentley University.Full disclaimer.
A Unique 7-Day Executive Development Experience for Women
What are the critical elements that make the difference between management and leadership – the factors that move you from managing a team to the executive suite? Taking Charge is a seven day program for women in mid-to-senior management with a primary goal of developing the professional presence and leadership skill set necessary to succeed at an executive level in organizations.
- A comprehensive 360° leadership assessment
- A full day devoted to negotiation and communication skills
- A full day of executive coaching with an expert consulting team
- An engaging group simulation exercise to further enhance learnings around leadership & change management
- Insights from an experienced panel on requirements for corporate board membership
- Development of a strong and supportive peer network
Taking Charge delivers excellent content through active learning which is integrated into your current role between sessions. The group is purposefully restricted to 18 or fewer members to insure optimum learning and connection.
Join a group of your professional peers in an experience which will change your approach to management and leadership while providing the network you need to move ahead.
Topics of the Women's Executive Leadership Program
With the exception of Session 1, all sessions are one‐day in length held on alternating Fridays 8:30am – 4:30pm 360° Leadership Assessment (Two Days)
Understanding the Executive Leap
- Perceptions of Leadership
- Gender and Leadership
- Strategic Leadership
- Styles and Processes
- Analytical and Intuitive Thinking
- Executive Presence
Acting as Leader
- Simulation Exercise
- Managing and Promoting Change
- Engaging Followers and Stakeholders
- Measuring and Communicating Results
The Power of Communication
- Negotiating Well – Types and Styles
- Interests vs. Positions
- Power Negotiation
- Ethical Standards
- Difficult Conversations
Executive Coaching‐ Leading Teams
- Small group sessions with professional executive coaches
- Team Dynamics exercise with individual and group feedback
- Focus on leadership and change management
- Individual and Team Feedback
Looking Beyond Now: Leadership and Moving Forward to The Corporate Boardroom
- Leadership for your Future
- Building your Professional Network
- ‘Need‐to‐Know’ Essentials for Future Board Involvement
- Personal Action Plan
Celebration of Accomplishment
Benefits of Bentley Women's Executive Leadership Program
As a participant in the Taking Charge program, you will have the opportunity to explore concepts relevant for leadership development and then apply those concepts in your current role. The delivery timeframe – 7 sessions totaling 8 days over a 3 month timeframe – provides an optimal platform for incorporating the learning as well as building a strong peer network.
During the program you will:
- Gain insight into your strengths as well as areas that need development
- Learn practical, applicable skills that you can apply immediately
- Strengthen your communications skills for improved effectiveness with internal and external constituents
- Learn to build a business network for the long term
- Participate in an executive coaching session
- Meet senior level women who will give candid insights for the journey ahead
The overriding objective of this unique program will be to provide a learning experience which results in a lifetime network of peers with a shared passion for supportive business leadership.
Who should attend
This program has been designed to provide a safe and collaborative environment to foster confidence while benefiting from experiential learning in the strategic leadership skills needed to provide maximum benefit to your organization. Working together with senior graduate faculty members and executives, you will address the challenges faced in today’s business landscape while applying the skills learned in each session immediately to your current role.
You will benefit from the program the most if you are a strong professional mid-to-senior level woman who has been:
- Identified as a candidate for promotion
- Designated to assume increased responsibilities
- Are in a position of significant management responsibility for a team or group
- In a role requiring cross-functional cooperation and leadership
- Primarily engaged in a technical aspect of business such as IT, accounting, or engineering and desire a broader perspective on leading within the larger organization
- In a professional field – for example, law or health care – and are now in or moving into a role requiring team or group management
Past groups have included those who are directors, senior directors, project managers and vice presidents. Admission to the program is selective.