Women Leaders: Mastering Organizational Strategy (wsp 246 A,b)
Crafting an individual leadership style is essential to earning a seat at the table. From this seat of power, you’ll be able to steer organizational decisions. In this highly interactive two-day workshop, you will learn to address the unique challenges women leaders face. We will focus on designing and refining your leadership style signature, developing tools for coaching yourself and others, expanding your leadership presence, and enhancing strategic thinking around managing difficult conversations. Academic research on gender biases, especially unintentional ones, will be discussed. A robust structure of lecture, role-play, coaching techniques, and experiential exercises will provide the practice necessary to create new leadership approaches. This workshop takes your leadership competencies to the next level, enabling you to impact organizational strategy and execution. This course includes a non-refundable materials fee of $5 to be paid at the time of registration.
Due to its short format, this workshop may not be taken for a Letter Grade. However, Credit/No Credit is available.
Please note: Section A will be led by Dikla Carmel-Hurwitz, and section B will be led by Denise Rabius. Although taught by different instructors, section A and section B cover the same content.
Practical Strategies for Successful Women Leaders
Drawing from research and best practices, as well as stories from successful women, this program will help participants identify the obstacles in their own workplace and increase their knowledge, skills and understanding of what it takes to be successful as a women leader. The result will benefit not only women, but all leaders and organizational stakeholders.
Learn How To…
- Address the gap between “promise & practice” in gender equality
- Engage others, both men and women, to create a work environment that works for everyone
- Maximize the learning strategies of networking, coaching and mentoring to achieve success
- Gain operational & strategic experience to move into more senior leadership roles
- Strategize & action plan with a dose of reality while not waiting for the perfect plan
- Make effective decisions under pressure and manage crises
Networking opportunities will be provided and coaching and mentoring partnerships will be established for future follow-up & support (in 3 days, 3 weeks and 3 months post course).
Participants will benefit from guest speakers who will share stories, experiences, and perspectives, including successful women at the CEO and C-suite level, and a male executive sponsor of women leaders plus sponsored female.
Course content details
Practical Stratagies for Successful Women Leaders
Overview of Leadership
- Definition of a leader
- How a leader is different than a boss or manager
- What are the critical competencies, skills and abilities/attitudes needed for the future successes?
- What are the characteristics and behaviours of effective leaders?
History of Women in Leadership
- Review of the past and present
- Future predictions
- Why more women leaders are critical for organization’s success
Identifying your temperament and preferences
- Your Myers Briggs Type Indicator® report & feedback
- How to gain a deeper understanding or yourself and how you interact with others
- How this awareness can help you as a leader
Identifying your own leadership style
- Your comprehensive 360-degree Assessment from SEEC and feedback
- How others perceive you in the workplace
- Effective strategies to improve your performance and other’s perceptions
SWOT analysis of your own abilities or that of your organization
- What are the strengths and opportunities you can leverage?
- What are the obstacles and threats you have to mitigate?
- How to create work environments that empower more women into leadership positions
Sharing of stories from successful women leaders in the C-suite
- What can we learn from Sheryl Sandberg and Kirstine Stewart?
- What worked for current women CEO’s & C-suite leaders in the public and private sectors?
- What can we learn from each other?
Effective Strategies for now and in the future
- Recognizing the importance of networking and how to set up a network for yourself
- Coaching and Mentoring – how can they help?
- Other successful strategies to get ahead and how to put them in place
Using the GROW tool to plan your career
- Development of individual or organizational level action plans for immediate implementation
- How to keep the momentum going “together” with follow-up in 3 days. 3 weeks and 3 months
Who should attend
This program has been designed specifically for women currently in mid-management from any sector who aspire to lead in senior management positions.