Who should attend
- Women in the first stages of their career
- Women newly promoted to management or leadership
- Women who aspire to management or leadership roles
- Women currently in mid-level or senior leadership
- Women who wish to reenter the workforce
About the course
Rise to New Levels in Leadership
With its long tradition of preparing professionals for meaningful careers and lives of service, Notre Dame’s top-ranked Mendoza College of Business proudly introduces its new, 100% online Women in Leadership course.
Designed to embolden tomorrow’s leaders to ascend to the top of their organizations, the course prepares you to build strategic leadership skills, apply ethical decision-making, cultivate negotiation and conflict-resolution tactics and develop beneficial relationships through mentorship and sponsorship.
Combine the new Women in Leadership course with Notre Dame’s Executive Certificate in Leadership for a comprehensive leadership training experience. The 100% online Executive Certificate in Leadership equips you with the tools to effectively lead a team, project or organization. The Women in Leadership course goes a step further by preparing you to conquer gender dynamics in the workplace.
Participants may be eligible for multicourse program fee savings.
What You’ll Learn
Created by distinguished faculty members and expert practitioners from the world of business, Notre Dame’s 4- week, 100% online Women in Leadership curriculum covers topics including:
Building Strategic Leadership Skills
- Discover your signature story and articulate your vision as a leader
- Develop a framework for ethical and professional decision-making
- Prepare a statement of ethics for your organization Create an action plan for leading effective meetings
Cultivating Resilience and Living a Fully Integrated Life
- Identify your core values by completing the core values self-assessment
- Explain the importance of staying true to your core values by completing the core values self-assessment
- Affirm your professional competencies through an analysis of the impostor syndrome and completing the impostor syndrome assessment
- Discover how to live a fully integrated live by completing the Journey Mapping exercise
Negotiations and Conflict Resolution for Women
- Determine your negotiation style by completing a self-assessment of dominant conflict management styles
- Discover the significance of the roles of detective, counselor, and dealmaker in successful negotiations
- Explain how to deal with difficult people in negotiations
- Construct an action plan you may use for effective, productive negotiations
Leveraging Networks and Building Strong Relationships
- Examine how to increase your influence across your organization
- Develop your professional network by completing the exercises in this module
- Identify opportunities for mentorship for yourself
- Determine how you can be a mentor to others
- Explain how you can build alliances with the women and men in your organization
Read more about Negotiations
Read more about Women Leadership
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.