Who should attend
The programme is ideal for women at C-suite level, Executive Committee, and the Board level with at least 2 years board experience; who want to develop reflectively and intentionally, self -mastery skills & skills on effectively leading high performance teams and serving on boards with personal excellence. Classes comprise of participants from different industries and countries representing a wide diversity of companies, sectors and cultural backgrounds.
About the course
From ethical dimensions to the demographic dimensions of intellectual capital, from harnessing Emotional Quotient to its impact on Social Quotient and Cultural Quotient, women directors perform exponentially better with the right knowledge, skills, impactful network all framed around clear knowledge of their purpose and impact in society. The Women Directors Leadership Programme (WDLP) is an incisive programme that aims at moving the focus from why women should be on boards and C-Suite positions to how they should perform for both board and leadership excellence. In addition this programme aims at enabling the participants leave a positive legacy while consistently developing the holistic personal & professional aspects of one’s life, character & personal brand.
- Coaching element (personal and peer)
- Speed Mentoring from WCD members
- Top notch leadership assessments for self-mastery
- Blend of top faculty (local & international) and seasoned industry practitioners
- Exchange ideas with other professionals and network
- Become a member of the SBS alumni network
- A mix of multifunctional and experienced participants
- Global module and 1st dive retreat into board issues at Amboseli National Park
Topics of Discussion
- Centered leadership
- Self mastery
- Managing the dark side of leadership
- Getting to the top without losing what matters
- Cross cultural management in board
- Managing paralysis by analysis in decision making at board level
- Keeping directors oversight role while harnessing high performance
- Personal executive coaching
- Peer leadership coaching
- Speed mentoring with WCD members
- MBTI & FIRO B Assessments
The WDLP is a non-residential modular programme of three modules, each module lasts 4 days held at Strathmore University Business School, Madaraka Campus in Nairobi with exception of the international module which lasts 4 days and is held at Cranfield School on Management, United Kingdom. There will also be a retreat at Amboseli National Park. Due to the busy working schedules of participants, WDLP is flexibly designed to be delivered in a multi-modular format, offering you a unique opportunity to undertake substantial learning and development that can be fitted into your professional and personal life. The case methodology will be a primary tool for delivery of course material, in addition to thought-provoking lectures and enlightening group discussions. Participants are awarded a certificate upon completion of the programme.
- The WDLP journey
- The case method
- Centered leadership
- Positive leadership
- Dynamics on an all-male board room
- Team dynamics at a board level
Module II: (At Cranfield School of Management – United Kingdom)
- Conflict as a political skill in the board room
- Insights into global markets and trends
- Challenges of serving an emerging markets boards
- Influencing board culture and performance
- Effective risk management
Module III: (At Amboseli National Park – Kenya)
- Effective crisis management at C-suite level
- Influencing board change and culture
- Investing in your legacy
- Effective board room conversation
SBS’ faculty members hold PhDs from leading universities and reflect different nationalities, giving them a unique perspective on today’s board/ C-Suite governance landscape. Moreover, they are successful business people themselves, many with their own consulting firms, operating in the real world of international business. As a result, classroom discussions provide conceptual frameworks for effective decision making, along with practical tools for real-life.
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.