Winter Course in Corporate Communication
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Rotterdam School of Management.Full disclaimer.
Do you work in corporate communication or related fields? Our four-day Winter Course is an excellent opportunity to deepen and expand your knowledge of corporate communication. You will acquire an in-depth view of the latest developments, research insights and tools in the fields of organisational identity, corporate branding, strategic reputation management and strategic corporate communication.
Afterwards, you will be able to put into practice what you have learned and help your organisation optimise its communications based on academic insights and best practices.
The programme includes lectures, interactive sessions, workshops and case studies to provide an exciting and balanced learning environment.
Day 1: Organisational Identity
- Foundations of corporate communication; identity, image and reputation
- Organisational identity; from analysis to specific messaging strategies
- Two workshops on identity analysis and messaging strategies
- Guest lecture on identity change
Day 2: Corporate Branding
- Introduction to brands and their symbolic power
- Brand portfolio management; product brand vs corporate brand
- Two case studies
- Brand revitalisation, and how employees can change a brand
Day 3: Strategic Reputation Management
- A systems approach to reputation management
- Future trends; the evolving role of corporate relations in stewarding corporate reputations
- Strategic analysis; from process to positioning
- Reputation management at Heineken
Day 4: Strategic Corporate Communication
- Strategic communication; how to play the game and create value for your organisation
- Interactive session: how do you contribute to corporate success?
- Management tools to define your role and set communication goals
- Corporate communication in agile organisations: enhancing flexibility and supporting digital transformation
The following objectives are identified for the Winter Course:
- Explore the theoretical foundations of corporate communication (stakeholder theory, identity and branding)
- Apply theoretical frameworks to diagnose and describe the identity of your organisation
- Develop an identity-led communication strategy and positioning for your organisation
- Acquire a deep understanding of the power of brands for customers and organisations
- Learn how a firm’s brand portfolio (including both product and corporate brands) can be leveraged for growth
- Reflect on how internal and external processes affect corporate reputation and brand equity in the long-term
- Apply tools to systematise, reflect upon and describe communication objectives aligned to corporate goals
- Understand the concept of agility, its drivers, and its relevance for corporate communication
- Reflect on the challenges and opportunities of agility for communication professionals.
Who should attend
This four-day course is designed for:
- Corporate communications professionals, managers and executives
- General managers and executives
- Consultants who provide communication-related advice
Participants usually have a background in branding, marketing, public relations, or related fields. It is recommended to have a minimum of 3 years of work experience.