This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Adopt an Integrated Approach to Attracting and Retaining Top Talent
When it comes to achieving high standards of performance and innovation, developing staff talent is among the most important of all leadership tasks.
This course provides a multi-faceted approach to enhancing staff talent. Learn a variety of proven techniques for talent management. Accelerate your own talent by developing a leadership vision and skills that promote talent growth. Win the competition for talent by attracting and retaining the people best able to deliver the organizational strategy.
What you will learn
- Hone your ability to recognize, assess and motivate talent
- Integrate techniques such as coaching, situational leadership and management by objectives in your talent management skill set
- Link individual and team talent
- Manage generational differences
- Open curiosity-driven talent conversations
- Create a culture that helps talented people do their best work
- Understanding talent: the talent cycle, keys to talent retention, the leader’s role in talent management
- Attracting and engaging talent: becoming an employer of choice, the talent onboarding experience, anticipating talent needs, keeping talent engaged
- Developing talent: discovering and sustaining talent, charting career paths and setting objectives, performance reviews, reinvigorating talent and avoiding burnout
- Coaching talent: the coaching process, assessing coaching readiness, asking effective questions, anticipating coaching needs
- Empowering talent: assessing ability and motivation, adapting your leadership style to situational needs, maintaining drive, performance measurement, fostering a “talent culture”
Before the course, you will be asked to assess your talent development leadership style, and examine your relationships with talented team members. This pre-work will provide a real-world platform for you to apply the course material during the program
Who should attend
This course is for leaders who are accountable for attracting and retaining talented employees. It is also for HR management professionals who wish to provide better talent management support to operational leaders.
Trust the experts
Dr. Thomas R. Knight has over 30 years' experience as an educator, consultant and facilitator in a variety of areas of managerial and leadership practice. His areas of particular expertise include labour-management relations, negotiations, conflict resolution, leading change and transitions and a...