Winning With Influencing and Assertiveness Skills
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Lagos Business School.Full disclaimer.
Increased intercultural interaction and diversity – a consequence of globalisation and the attendant virtual nature of today’s work across national and cultural boundaries – is drawing attention to the inter-cultural dimensions of interpersonal and cross-organisational communication. Over time, the workplace has witnessed a multiplicity of generations. Managing and relating across these various generations of the workforce have become a bit of a challenge. More so, in the current VUCA economy we operate, the need to acquire the right people influencing skills has become heightened.. The Influencing and Assertiveness at Work programme aims to produce managers who can deploy communication competence in a range of situations requiring the management of intrapersonal, interpersonal and inter-cultural relationships.
Key Learning Outcomes
After the programme, Participants will be able to:
- Build and maintain self-esteem
- Understand the ‘How’ and ‘Why’ of effective communication
- Acquire people influencing skills
- Learn how to be assertive at work
- Establish personal rights, privileges, self-role and responsibility
- Understanding assertiveness
- Thought process and behavior
- Managing feedback
- Personal power: building and managing self-esteem
- Assertiveness tools and techniques
- Interpersonal recognition and respect
- Managing personal power
Who should attend
The programme is designed to benefit:
- Business owners.
- Experienced managers and seasoned professionals who want to build their strengths, resolve conflicts smoothly and exercise greater influence on others.
- Employees being prepared for managerial or leadership roles.
- People who regularly in their encounter with others find it difficult to present their point of view and feel themselves victims of corporate or peer bullying.
Organisations with high incidence of medium to high level of aggressive behavior among employees and who seek to promote a more assertive environment.