Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Managers involved in strategic decision making and implementation of business units in established companies as well as executives in new corporations seeking to generate a strategic advantage.
About the course
Developing and executing a strategy is one of the most important skills for an executive. As competitive pressures grow and the environment is changes faster and more unpredictably, continuously evolving strategic planning and implementation becomes more vital than ever. What are the best ways for an organization to create a strategic advantage? Where can we find strategic opportunities in an increasingly globalized marketplace? Which strategies are likely to succeed, and which ones face the greatest implementation hurdles?
Our program Winning with Business Strategies provides insights into how to design and execute a competitive strategy in both mature business lines and new enterprises to steer the organization’s business activities in the right direction.
Key benefits: Profit from hands-on expertise
- Sharpen your strategic acumen and apply strategic thinking to creating a strategic advantage for the business
- Learn to think like a strategist and analyze strategic options
- Assess the competitive playing field and anticipate strategic moves
- Design and formulate competitive strategies
- Create business plans for mature business lines and new enterprises
- Sustain your strategic advantage
- Execute strategies well and transform the business successfully
Developing your strategy and strategic planning
- Defining the playing field: what strategy is all about
- Generating strategic insights: status and future of your business
- Strategic planning: competitive positioning and business strategy
Operationalizing your strategy
- Developing innovative business strategies
- Strategy in a digital world
Executing your strategy
- Implementing strategy: the art of action
- Communicating strategy
Olaf Plötner is a professor at ESMT. He joined ESMT as one of the first faculty members and managing director of ESMT Customized Solutions GmbH in 2002. From 2011 to 2017, he was the dean of executive education at ESMT and developed the school to a top-ten institution in this field, based on the ...
Harald Hungenberg studied business administration at Justus Liebig University Gießen and at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, USA, from 1982 to 1988. He then worked as a research associate at the Institute for Corporate Planning (IUP) Gießen/Berlin. Between 1990 and 1993, he was a...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.