About the course
This course provides an in-depth review of the business issues associated with wine production and operations. This level emphasizes basic concepts of operations, purchasing, logistics, and supply chain management as they apply to the wine industry. More specific topics include value analysis, total quality management, make/buy decisions, negotiation, and supplier development.
- LO1: Explain the key business issues in the production and operation of a winery.
- LO2: Identify supply chain management considerations for effective operations.
- LO3: Describe the planning process from wine forecasting and product development through distribution.
- LO4: Calculate total cost analysis and its role in supply procurement.
- LO5: Assess the appropriateness of the capital equipment necessary to operate a winery.
- LO6: Identify how quality is achieved in the production of wine.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.