Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with School of Business and Economics at Sonoma State University.Full disclaimer.
About the course
This level provides an in-depth review of the business issues associated with wine production and operations. This level emphasizes the basic concepts of operations, purchasing, logistics, and supply chain management as they apply to the wine industry. More specific topics include value analysis, total quality management, make/buy decisions, negotiation, and supplier development.
- LO1: Explain the key business issues in the production and operation of a winery.
- LO2: Identify supply chain management considerations for effective operations.
- LO3: Describe the planning process from wine forecasting and product development through distribution.
- LO4: Calculate total cost analysis and its role in supply procurement.
- LO5: Assess the appropriateness of the capital equipment necessary to operate a winery.
- LO6: Identify how quality is achieved in the production of wine.