Who should attend
The course is targeted at early to mid-career wine marketers and professionals working across the wine value chain. You will benefit from this course if you are:
- A wine marketer / brand manager
- Wine buyers / distributors
- A sommelier / beverage manager
- A hospitality professional
- A winemaker / viticulturalist
- Entrepreneurs from across the wine value chain
- Those looking to build a career in the wine industry
About the course
This course will teach the fundamentals of wine marketing with a strong focus on innovation. Delegates will learn wine marketing principles based on practical real-world examples taught by lecturers and industry leaders from around the world, develop sustainable solutions to marketing problems and craft a successful marketing plan. This online course is aimed at early to mid-career wine marketers and professionals globally looking to solve tactical marketing decisions and become strategic thinkers.
Module 1: Introduction to wine marketing. Adaptable understanding of marketing vernacular and concepts and their application to the wine business realm.
Module 2: Tactical marketing. Adaptable understanding, analyses and apply tactical segmentation, targeting, positioning and marketing mix.
Module 3: Value chain management and wine business models. Adaptable understanding, analyses and design of the marketing aspects of a business model canvas, value chain profile, demand models and basic financial instruments.
Module 4: Basics of social and strategic wine marketing. Develop strategic marketing thinking skills and plans, as well as incorporating social and ethical thinking in your marketing decision-making to address social justice and societal relevance.
What Will I Gain from This Course?
Delegates will be awarded a Certificate of Completion from the University of Cape Town on successful completion of the Programme, and will gain:
- A fluency and understanding of the language of marketing
- The ability to make critical and informed pricing, targeting and market positioning decisions.
- Advanced business know-how and practical skills ranging from business planning to strategic marketing and sales
- The ability to craft authentic brand experiences and communities
- An insight into marketing strategies that balance social and economic purposes.
- The ability to formulate an effective marketing plan for a wine business
- An opportunity to network with like-minded professionals and leading personalities in the global wine industry
- An opportunity to be part of building a transformed wine industry
What does the Course Focus on?
This course focuses on societally relevant marketing innovation in the wine industry using practical applications based on real-world examples.
Strategic marketing, business collective strategy and collaboration, innovation, wine business management & wine business education, international trade, management and organisational studies, hospitality leadership, wine tourism, business model formulation, consumer behaviour & brand str...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.