About the course
In this four-week journey you will be invited to consider: the nature of moral power, how to value and appreciate those around you, how to move from authority to inspiration, how to transcend your ego, and see the dynamic system of which you are a part. Each day you will be invited to do two things; identify your own principle of leadership, and live the principle that day. In doing so, every day will be a new personal experiment and a new learning experience. At the end of four weeks, you will know how to move from authority to influence without authority.
This online course is one of five separate 4-week course chapters. Each 4-week (20-day) chapter is available to take individually or may be combined together to create up to a 100-day 'Becoming Who You Really Are' comprehensive course plan.
Week 1 – Moral Power
Week 2 – Individualized Consideration
Week 3 – Inspirational Motivation
Week 4 – Seeing the Dynamic Whole
How Does It Work? 4 Steps
Watch. In this unique learning journey you will get an email each day that links to a 3-5 minute video. In that video, MI Ross Renowned Professor Robert Quinn shares an inspiring story from his 40 years of working with global organizations worldwide. Here's a sample of Bob's Day 1 video.
Reflect. Each story is followed by 2 simple questions. You post your answers to your online community.
Consolidate. Each week you consolidate - squeeze the learning of each day into a single statement of learning for the week.
Transform: You share successes and transform each member of your learning community with aspiration. As you do you turn individual leadership development into organizational change.
Results: After 4 weeks of this process, you will have started to ingrain perspectives, develop new practices, and build new habits of interaction with colleagues, friends and family. Experience how these changes will begin to transform your life, your relationships, and the impact you have on others.
Enjoy one month, or five months at a time in the order of your choosing. For added flexibility, you can align chapter topics in the order that best meets your individual or team growth and development needs.
What sets this course apart
- Evidence-based research validated by real-world data and results
- Highly personalized learning experience created by live, online events, based on your own data and assessment results. Our Ross faculty collate and analyze the coursework to create a personalized discussion at the end of each session.
- Michigan Ross Executive Education was recently named a Top 5 global provider by the Financial Times. Learn frameworks taught and developed by our own Michigan Ross Executive Education Faculty.
- Now organizations can do leadership development in a fashion that is more effective, less expensive, and automatically gives rise to organizational improvement.
- Supplement current initiatives with this extended application series.
Research Robert E. Quinn holds the Margaret Elliot Tracey Collegiate Professorship at the University of Michigan and serves on the faculty of Organization and Management at the Ross Business School. He is one of the co-founders and of the Center for Positive Organizations. Quinn’s research and te...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.