Who should attend
People involved organizing health promotion and disease prevention including:
- Health Promotion and Wellness Program Managers
- Students and Health Professionals Pursuing Careers in Worksite Wellness
- Medical Directors
- Worksite Wellness Committee Members
- Benefits Managers
- Human Resources Professionals
- Health Plan Leaders Responsible for Wellness Services
- Public Health Professionals
- Foundation Directors
- Government Leaders Interested in Addressing Public Health Problems
- Scientists and Educators
About the course
Cultures and subcultures are complex webs of social influences on attitudes and behavior. This training teaches core strategies for creating cultural environments that support physical, social and psychological well-being.
The training draws upon the experiences of Dr. Richard Safeer, Chief Medical Director of Employee Health and Well-Being at Johns Hopkins Medicine and Judd Allen, Ph.D., at the Human Resources Institute, with experience from over 600 business, government and community organizations.
Participants will learn how to:
- Explain what a culture of well-being is, why it is important and how it is achieved
- Conduct cultural analysis necessary for planning and assessing culture change
- Develop leadership support with executives, managers and well-being champions
- Systematically change cultural values and norms
- Mobilize effective peer support from coworkers, family and friends for healthy lifestyle changes
- Empower employees and other VIPs to create supportive household environments
- Foster an uplifting social climate that enhances the capacity for individual, group, and organizational growth
Well-being Culture Coach Certification and certificates will be awarded to attendees who meet the attendance and assessment requirements as specified by the instructor.
Participants will receive:
- A one-year subscription to over 160 plus HealthyCultureNow podcast episodes that feature key culture of well-being concepts and expert interviews
- A PDF training manual includes all PowerPoints and an extensive bibliography of culture of well-being references
- Two books by Judd Allen, Ph.D.: Wellness Leadership: Creating Supportive Environments For Healthier And More Productive Employees and Healthy Habits, Helpful Friends: How To Effectively Support Wellness Lifestyle Goals
Dr. Allen is President of the Human Resources Institute, LLC, a research, publishing and consulting firm that focuses on the creation of supportive cultural environments. He earned his Ph.D. in Community Psychology from New York University and serves on the editorial board of the American Journal...
Dr. Safeer is the Chief Medical Director of Employee Health and Well-being for Johns Hopkins Medicine. In this role, he leads the Healthy at Hopkins employee health and well-being strategy. He also currently sees patients in the Johns Hopkins Hospital Pediatric Cardiology department. In addition,...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.