Who should attend
This course will be helpful for architects, designers, interior designers, event organizers and graphic designers who want to integrate information design and wayfinding strategy into a building, an outdoor space or an exhibition.
About the course
Wayfinding and signage greatly impacts how people engage with and experience indoor and outdoor spaces, and is important for architects, designers, and event organisers when planning projects. This course will teach you to plan and create signage and information design that allows a user the best experiences of outdoor events, buildings and exhibitions.
Through a series of short workshops, you will learn to design effective wayfinding strategies, and receive guidance about issuing production information to manufacturers.
By the end of this course the you will have:
- Learnt to identify a wayfinding strategy relevant to a specific space
- Designed a concept for a signage strategy
- Created information graphics for an architectural space
- Know how to prepare information for a manufacturer
- Received industry insights and personal feedback from your tutor
- Wayfinding strategies
- Signage design
- Information design
- Large scale graphics
- Manufacturing techniques
- Production information
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.