Who should attend
- This course is intended for Utility Supervisor, Engineers & Technicians, Power House Supervisor, Power Plant Engineers, And Supervisors, Also specialists who work in dye house will get useful information.
- The topics of this training course are directed to all specialists in power generation stations as well as specialists of water works.
- The impotence of water chemistry may attract many specialists in related activities such as who are working in desalination plants.
- The useful information and understanding of membrane function will enhance the technical capabilities of such people.
- The discussions and exchange of experiences are considered the main behavior of this course that makes it energetic, dynamic and useful.
About the course
Apart from this, the problems associated with water in presence of heating will be discussed too, like corrosion and scaling. Also, the treatment of raw water will be taken into consideration during the course either for municipal uses or for industrial uses; special look will be focused on water treatment for steam generation in boilers. Detailed steps of water treatment will be taken into consideration in order to supply the boiler with the required quality of water .this requirements which is necessary and sufficient for the water feed into boiler.
The quality of water should comply will the quality of generated steam and also prevent the associated scaling and corrosion. Problems of any part of steam system staring by fed water tank, the boiler body, the steam piping system, etc. will be discussed in details. In addition, the desalination of either sea water or brackish water will be highlighted during the course. This is an important part for the secondary source of water for industrial uses.
The desalination will be discussed through the application of membranes. These will include the Electro-dialysis or reverse osmosis techniques.
Participants will have an understanding about the chemistry of water its chemical compositions, geographical presence, sources, contaminates, etc.
- Introduction of water chemistry
- Water Quality
- Water Impurities
- Problems Caused by Impure Water
- Damage problems for installations.
- Health problems for people
- Water Treatment
- Coagulation and Flocculation
### Day 3
- Precipitation Softening
- Lime Softening
- Ion Exchange
- Types of Ion Exchange Reactions
- Ion Exchanger Operation
- Demineralization (Deionization)
- Selection of a Ton Exchange Process
- Water Treatment for boilers
### Day 4
- Precipitation Program
- Non precipitating Program
- Supplemental Programs
- Introduction for Desalination
- Membrane Processes
- Types, characteristics ,operation , performance
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.