Warehousing Operations – Supply Chain Fundamentals
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Georgia Tech Professional Education.Full disclaimer.
This course is structured to prepare entry-level and supervisory-level employees in warehouse operations with a fundamental understanding of the supply chain. You will review the physical, technological, process, and safety considerations of warehouse/distribution operations. Additionally, you will learn about facility configuration, storage and handling techniques, metrics, customer service considerations, and the role of distribution operations in different industries. Gain exposure to barcoding, picking and shipping processes, as well as storage and sorting systems for a well-rounded overview that can be applied to your organization.
What You Will Learn
- Warehouse and its function
- Putaway and restocking
- Picking and packing
- The shipping of goods
- Inventory control
- Labor performance management
How You Will Benefit
- Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of the physical, technological, process, and safety considerations of warehouse/distribution operations.
- Explain facility configuration considerations, representative storage and handling techniques, performance metrics, customer service considerations, and the role of distribution operations in different industries.
- Discuss picking and shipping processes and material handling equipment.
- Describe the key operations that take place within a warehouse and how they relate to each other.
- Discover the different warehouse operating/ownership models.
Who should attend
This course is designed for Receiving, Shipping, Putaway, Picking, and Packing Clerks, Operators, Analysts, Supervisors, and Warehouse, Terminal, Crossdock, and Distribution Center administrators, clerks, analysts, supervisors, and managers as well as learners seeking to enter these roles. Supply chain professionals from other domains will also benefit through gaining insights into warehousing operations.