Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Cambridge Institute for Manufacturing.Full disclaimer.
This course outlines the fundamental principles of designing visualisations and provides practical guidance on how to apply them in a business/management context.
The ability to communicate clearly and with impact is a critical skill in business. The appropriate use of visualisations can provide clarity, emphasise a narrative thread and highlight critical information to key audiences/stakeholders across an organisation. This course outlines the fundamental principles of designing visualisations and provides practical guidance on how to apply them in a business/management context.
What you will learn
- The purpose and functions of visualisations
- The principles of visual design for presenting data/information
- Representational form, information architecture and composition layout
- A range of both common and specific graphical forms
- Good-vs-poor practices, including industry examples
- Implementation guidelines, together with the opportunity to share experiences of using visual methods to enhance presentation and decision support
Who should attend
Managers, engineers and consultants – particularly those who present at board level or engage with the public. It will be of specific interest to those that prepare reports and presentations (especially those tired of the visual content of typical PowerPoint slide decks).