Visioning and Leading Change
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Brookings Institution.Full disclaimer.
An important test of leadership is defining and advancing an organizational vision as a prelude to change. Acquire innovative methods that significantly improve your ability to implement change initiatives. And familiarize yourself with the “leading-at-the-crossroads-of-change” model, which provides new thinking on who, how and when to engage in the change process. The model was developed by Olin Business School, part of Washington University in St. Louis.
“I acquired a new way to approach change, along with useful tools and resources.” – Class Participant
OPM Competency: Vision
MSL Credit Hours: 1
- Refine or establish an implementable vision for your agency
- Shift from a hierarchical buy-in mode of change to a collaborative “be-in” approach
- Learn how to identify and engage broad constituencies during change efforts
Leading, Learning, and Change
Help your agency navigate in a budget-constrained, fast-paced environment. Success requires strategic foresight, adaptability, agility and the ability to get your organization where it needs to go. The course introduces you to the concept of a learning organization, along with the culture and people who support it.
“Class content really stretched my thinking on the topic of leading and learning. The course is a great addition to Brookings Executive Education curriculums.” – Class participant
OPM Competency: Continual Learning
MSL Credit Hours: 1
- Define learning organizations and the leadership qualities of the professionals who lead them
- Explore the human change process and how to engage people in change based on their level of readiness and stage of development
- Develop an action plan for building an organizational learning culture, along with the necessary talent to achieve it