Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with McGill Executive institute.Full disclaimer.
About the course
As more organizations work virtually, managers of traditional work teams are tasked with leading across locations, functions, cultures and time zones. Managers and team members require a different skill set in order to capitalize on the unique opportunities that virtual teams can bring to an organization.
In this one-day, action-learning workshop, you will acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to lead virtual teams successfully. You will leave with a pragmatic set of tools and strategies to improve performance, engagement, innovation, sharing and intercultural behaviors. You will get access to a set of strategies and determine the actions you need to take in your unique context.
Key Benefits & Takeaways
- Discover best practices in successfully leading remote teams
- Explore intercultural challenges: relations to power/authority; challenging others; raising issues
- Understand how sharing leadership is a powerful tool in managing remote teams
- Identify strategies and actions to overcome these challenges, in their own context
Topics covered during the program
Increase your awareness of issues in:
- Performance, cohesion, engagement, innovation
- Sharing key information
- Intercultural behaviors: authority, participation, face, conflict and divergent thinking
Building High-Performance Virtual Teams
- Get access to a set of strategies, actions and behaviors in order to overcome challenges
- Understanding the purpose of meetings and how to prep, conduct and follow-up
- Address your own specific leadership issues and potential solutions
- Building your co-development group
Who should attend
This seminar is designed for any manager, supervisor or project leader as well as those moving into a context of managing remote teams. It is particularly helpful to professionals with several years of technical expertise who have been promoted into management or team leader positions. The concepts and examples are relevant to all functional areas including finance, production, marketing, sales, human resources and information technology.
Trust the experts
Dr. Luc is a partner and senior advisor of Pivot. An internationally recognized author and speaker on the topic of shared and collaborative leadership, she specializes in the development and implementation of collaborative culture and strategies that drive business transformations and improve org...