Who should attend
- Senior or Mid-Level Managers or Leaders responsible for a geographically distributed organization or team (spread across more than one office location or combined with remote workers), and/or a fully remote organization
- A leader, manager, or direct report at any level who is working fully remotely within an organization
- A leader, manager, or account owner who is responsible for working with remote external partners (for example: advertising/marketing agencies, law firms, other client/partner relationships)
About the course
In today’s unprecedented work environment, many workers are fully remote for the first time. Leading them with the same skills and approaches used back in the office doesn’t work, and overloading them with emails and meetings is creating unprecedented levels of burnout. But it’s also not easy for leaders to learn new techniques and strategies during a crisis.
Lehigh’s concise, timely Virtual Leadership: Essential Skills for Leading a Hybrid and Remote Workforce, Now and Post-COVID program will help you meet current challenges and succeed well into the future (where we can expect many teams to remain at least partially remote). It is taught by Sacha Connor, virtual leadership expert and the founder of Virtual Work Insider™, a consultancy that coaches organizations to work seamlessly across distance. Sacha has 18 years of business leadership experience both client and agency-side, and eight years of experience leading large, distributed teams fully remotely as a remote work pioneer for The Clorox Company and her clients include Toyota, Beam Suntory, Cigna, and Gilead.
The program is delivered in a best-of-class virtual format that goes well beyond lectures. Following best practices and principles for distance learning, it builds a true classroom community that raises engagement and leverages the experiences of fellow learners. The program also includes exercises designed to maximize knowledge retention.
Impacts & Benefits:
- Set virtual team expectations
- Communicate effectively virtually without resorting to endless meetings and emails
- Lead efficient and effective virtual meetings
- Take a strategic approach to influencing key stakeholders to take action on your ideas, even from a distance
I’ve been on the inside. I spent 18 years of my career as a marketer, business leader, and an innovator – both agency and client-side. Here’s the twist … I was a remote work pioneer for The Clorox Company. I worked remotely for 8 years while at Clorox leading large, distributed teams responsible...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.