Who should attend
This course is suitable for anyone who wants to understand and learn the basic principles of video editing and post-production, as well as those who wish to improve creative collaboration in the post-production of ads, promos, vlog posts, trailers or interviews.
About the course
The skills needed to create, commission, edit and distribute film and video are essential to capitalise on film as a key communication tool. BFI and CIM have partnered to enhance the film and video capability of marketing professionals, recognising the breadth of skills required of modern marketers.
This course has been designed by the BFI to give marketing professionals vital editing and post-production techniques, tools and tips to get the best results from their social media, brand development or marketing campaign video.
You will learn how the quality and impact of your content can be dramatically increased during editing and post-production, as you are taken through practical exercises in shaping story, creating emotional and aesthetic effects and guiding points of view.
This course will help you engage structurally and creatively with your own video content. You will also complete and export two unique edits from brand/product focused content supplied by the BFI.
These essential editing skills can be applied across commercials, vlogging, promotional shorts, interactive films, documentaries and fiction.
- Learn how to edit video content
- Understand how post-production can improve the quality of promotional content
- Understand the basics of storytelling and editing to enhance narrative
- Create effective narrative and non-narrative structures through editing pre-existing footage
- Identify and critique a range of filmmaking techniques associated with editing
- Understand pace and rhythm and the impact of genre on editing styles
- Learn how blocking a scene creates continuity of action
- Add effects, transitions, titles and video generators to enhance your video
- Learn to export video content for DVD authoring and web
Paul gained professional filmmaking experience working in commercials before studying Film and Television Production at The National Film School of Ireland where he learned cinematography and editing skills. His experience in commercials provides him with insight and expertise around creating sho...
Sa-Ra is an award-winning film educator and specialist in digital media, culture and education. She has worked at the cross section of education and digital media for organisations such as the Stedelijk Museum and EYE Filmmuseum in Amsterdam. Sa-Ra has extensive experience of providing digital ma...
Read more about Business Communication
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.