This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Silicon Valley Secrets for Investing in Asia
INSEAD, the leading global business school has teamed up with 500 Startups, the most active VC firm in the world, to offer current and aspiring investors a one-week crash course on how to apply Silicon Valley investing know-how to Asia-based startups.
What to Expect
In this one-week deep dive, INSEAD faculty and 500 Startups partners will lead current and aspiring investors through a comparison of the startup investing landscape across different countries in Asia. The program will explore topics relevant for venture investing such as:
- Honing your investment thesis and framework
- Evaluating startup investment opportunities
- Structuring early stage tech investments
- Adding value to startups
- Scaling and divesting
- Raising your next fund
The program uses a hands-on learning methodology and draws on real world experiences - bringing the VC world into the classroom. As part of the program you will:
- Get critical feedback on your investment thesis from world-renowned INSEAD faculty specialized in VC and entrepreneurship and 500 Startups Managing Partners
- Screen pitches by real companies from the 500 Startups portfolio during an exclusive DemoDay event
- Analyze select companies in simulated investment committee meetings
- Get fundraising tips and tools for structuring a fund from top VCs in the region
Participants will leave the program with a toolkit for investing in startups in Asia and a lifelong network of relevant investors in the region. In this program, you will:
- Improve your ability to attract, identify and evaluate top startups for your portfolio
- Understand the Silicon Valley playbook for investing, and have the tools to get the terms you want from each of your deals
- Connect with other Asia-focused startup investors as well as INSEAD alumni
- Earn a Certificate of Completion from INSEAD
Who should attend
- Current and Aspiring VCs
- Corporate VCs
- Fund Managers
- Family Office Managers
- Angel Investors
- Investors & other professionals looking to break into VC
We accept qualified candidates on a rolling basis. Space is limited so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Trust the experts
Vikas A. Aggarwal
Vikas Aggarwal is an Associate Professor of Entrepreneurship and Family Enterprise at INSEAD. His research centers on strategy issues in entrepreneurial settings, focusing on venture-backed start-ups as well as larger firms experiencing significant environmental change. He is particularly interes...
Academic Experience Adjunct Professor, INSEAD Adjunct Professor, NUS Business School Corporate Experience Burroughs Corporation Unisys Corporation Star+Globle Technologies, Pte Ltd CyberCity Investments Ltd The 8th Network Corporation Membership & Professional Activities Member, Wor...
Claudia Zeisberger is a Senior Affiliate Professor of Decision Sciences and Entrepreneurship & Family Enterprise at INSEAD, and the Founder and Academic Director of the school’s private equity centre (GPEI).Through the centre’s work, INSEAD has established itself as the go-to source for insig...
Bedy Yang is Managing Partner at 500 Startups. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, 500 Startups is a global, early stage tech VC fund that manages +$350M AuM in +1,800 investments around the world. In addition to being the most active global seed investor, 500 Startups runs a series of ecosystem-dev...
Vishal is a General Partner at 500 Startups, a global venture capital firm and accelerator headquartered in Silicon Valley with over US$400M under management and 1800 companies across 50 countries in its portfolio. Based in Singapore, Vishal leads and scales 500’s investments and operations acr...