This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Deal Camp is an executive education program where VCs, angel investors, fund managers, and attorneys learn how to structure, negotiate, and execute early stage investments.
What to expect
In four days, dive headfirst into the nuts and bolts of deal-making with leading UC Berkeley Law faculty, 500 Startups Partners and other top VCs in the Valley.
Day 1 - Assessing Investment Opportunities
- Get feedback on your investment thesis and investment filter from 500 Startups partners and your fellow program participants
- Jump into the action! Apply your framework while screening real startup pitches from 500 Startups' portfolio
Day 2 - Diving into Deal-Making
- Understand the Venture Funding Lifecycle
- Explore the role of Venture Capital in Corporate Finance and Business Strategy
- Participate in a workshop on seed financing, due diligence, terms, and the deal process
- Perfect the art of the valuation and understand its impact on deal terms and startup growth
Day 3 - Simulating Seed Financing
- Analyze what makes a good deal vs. a bad deal
- Understand the key differences between convertible security and priced round term sheets
- Practice negotiating with startups in simulated exercises
Day 4 - Scaling your Investments
- Decipher and dominate cap tables
- Come up with an exit strategy for investments in the workshop on Priced Venture Financing, M&A and IPOs
- Set the stage for future success by learning how manage in your startup ecosystem
Who should attend
Angel investors, VCs, fund managers and attorneys looking to improve their ability to define, negotiate, and execute early stage investments.