Who should attend
- Individual investors and portfolio managers will learn to apply the value investing methodology and become better equipped to uncover opportunities that others may miss.
- But also financial advisors and other professionals in the financial services industry, as well as entrepreneurs and managers will benefit from the analytical methods and insights into value creation, growth, and profitability.
- The course does not require any prior knowledge or experience and is open to anyone with a keen interest in investing, and want to learn more about financial markets and evaluating investment opportunities.
About the course
The emphasis of the course will be on learning how to estimate the true values of equity investments, compare these with market prices, and make intelligent and rational investment decisions. We will provide you with the tools and methods to assess intrinsic enterprise values based on a firm’s tangible and intangible assets and its sustainable cashflows. You will collect and analyze data and build your confidence to independently make prudent investment decisions.
After this course, you will
- Master the Value Investing approach, and understand why this strategy has earned above-average returns over the last century.
- Be able to find the Enterprise Value, the market price at which a business is trading, as the sum of all net financial claims on a business.
- Understand the difference between Going Concern value and growth opportunities, and understand why value investors shun growth stocks.
- Increase your understanding of risk, liquidity, growth, and the (in)efficiency of financial markets.
- Be less dependent on financial advisors and market commentators, and be able to confidently and independently assess investments.
- Be able to methodologically gather and process publicly available information to screen, analyze and select investment opportunities. Be able to assess intrinsic value from careful analysis of a firm’s assets, earnings power, and competitive environment.
Jos van Bommel is associate professor at the University of Luxembourg. He holds a Master of Science degree in Engineering from the University of Eindhoven, an MBA from the IESE Business School, and a Ph.D. in Finance from INSEAD. His conducts empirical and theoretical research in various areas of...
Partner & CIO, has dedicated 20 years of his career to Value Investing. He graduated with a Master of Sciences in Management from Solvay Brussels School and was the founding President of the Luxembourg CFA Society. Léon is one of the few value managers worldwide who have outperformed the MSCI...
Research Interests International Financial Reporting Standards, Corporate Governance, Accounting Choices Thomas Kaspereit has been Associate Professor in Financial Accounting at the University of Luxembourg since September 2016. He graduated in Business Administration at the University of Oldenb...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.