Value Creation and Growth Through Innovative Corporate Finance
In today’s global economy, identifying and responding to fast-moving financial developments requires an objective framework to analyze and evaluate the opportunities and risks. Finance executives need a firm grounding in issues like capital structure, real options, risk management, and financial technologies to remain competitively relevant.
Value Creation and Growth Through Innovative Corporate Finance offers a fresh look into evolving areas of corporate finance and financial services that finance executives need to watch to make truly informed decisions and mitigate financial risk. Led by Wharton’s renowned Finance faculty, this program will bring executives up to date on a number of issues such as fintech and financial regulations, which are currently changing and disrupting the landscape of corporate finance and financial services. Executives who must be in front of such disruption will benefit from this program.
Highlights & Benifits
- Evaluate the direction of the global economy, and how rising interest rates and regulatory changes will impact your financial decisions
- Consider how your financial institution or firm can effectively manage risk in today’s uncertain economy
- Examine how valuation models change when making international financial decisions
- Determine whether it is more efficient to take on debt, offer equity, of do a combination of both when making capital structure decisions
- Acquire a framework to determine the decision tree models that are involved with real options
- Explore the emerging trends in fintech which will have an impact on the financial services sector and beyond as the technology takes root
Experience & Impact
Value Creation and Growth Through Innovative Corporate Finance makes use of Wharton’s world-class academic and theoretical finance research expertise, along with rigorous quantitative analysis and real-world application. This program employs a variety of instructional modalities that enhance the learning experience, including in-class discussions, case work, small group breakout sessions, and role playing.
Wharton finance faculty — globally recognized for their research — are responsible for designing and conducting this program, while the participants come from top-ranked international companies. Together, you will explore new and key finance concepts, and expand your global outlook while enhancing your knowledge and performance.
In Value Creation and Growth Through Innovative Corporate Finance, you will address issues like the capital structure question: Raise funds through debt, equity, or a combination of both? You will also explore real-time concerns like managing cross-border risks in today’s global economy; how to use real options to expand, change, or curtail projects based on changing economic, technological, and market conditions; and valuing and assessing the financial and risk implications of strategic decisions.
Harnessing these insights can give your organization a competitive advantage in a marketplace where companies are seeking new ways to procure capital, engage in mergers and acquisitions, and increasingly make high-value cross-border decisions.
Session topics include:
- Capital Structure: Debt vs. Equity; Capital Markets
- Real Options: Decision Tree Models
- Global Trends: Macroeconomics, Regulation, and Financial Technology
- International Corporate Finance: Valuation and Risk
Who should attend
Advanced Corporate Finance is a fast-paced, comprehensive program designed for senior leaders in banking as well as executives in other industries who have strategic financial oversight of their company/division and wish to strengthen or broaden their understanding of corporate finance.
Potential participants can come from various industries (including the banking and financial services industries) and should have a finance-related job or be in a finance track. Job titles or roles include:
- CEO, CFO, President
- Controller, Treasurer
- Vice President, Senior Vice President, Managing Director