Who should attend
- Current and future company leaders
- Supply-side managers
- Supply chain and logistics professionals
- Leaders of cross-functional teams
About the course
This one-day open-enrollment program is designed for mid-level professionals and is available as part of our Supply Chain certificate program.
It is every company’s ultimate goal to develop and sustain a competitive advantage—but that goal is becoming increasingly difficult to achieve. A growing influx of new competitors, and pressure to lower costs and increase customer value mean even if you are able to create an advantage, it’s likely to be short-lived. But there is a source of sustainable competitive advantage ready to be tapped in your organization right now: by better managing your existing supply chain, you can reduce costs and provide greater value for your customers.
In Utilizing Supply Chain Management for Competitive Advantage, you will discover the principles of supply chain excellence, identify potential areas for improvement in your company, and develop ways to address them. Taught by the Director of Lehigh’s Center for Supply Chain Research, this hands-on program is based on the latest data, standards, and best practices from multiple industries. You will leave with a plan for applying what you learned to make your organization’s supply chain process a sustainable source of competitive advantage.
Impact & Benefits
- Develop a common understanding of the principles of supply chain excellence, supply chain terminology and definitions, and supply chain best practices that you can share with your team
- Identify opportunities in your company and begin creating supply chain improvement initiatives
- Discover how supply chain strategy is created, how it relates to your current process, and how it can be used to increase customer value
- Create performance metrics to measure progress on the improvements you identified
- Learn unique supply chain characteristics and solutions for managing uncertainty and risk
- Share ideas with fellow participants about supply chain improvements and challenges
Dr. Zach G. Zacharia is an Associate Professor of Supply Chain Management and Director of the Center for Supply Chain Research in the College of Business and Economics, Lehigh University where he teaches Graduate and Undergraduate courses in Supply Chain Operations Management and Logistics and Tr...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.