Using SharePoint for Project Management
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with American Management Association.Full disclaimer.
Learn to use SharePoint's powerful collaboration tools to manage projects, meetings, communication and scheduling. SharePoint makes project management easy for any user who needs to collaboratively manage a project or participate in a project team. It empowers both the novice and experienced user to handle everything from the lightest projects, using the new project site template and features, to the more sophisticated management of enterprise portfolio projects, integrating SharePoint with Project Server. It can provide any project manager with an easy, efficient way to coordinate resources, track tasks, manage team members and communicate with stakeholders about projects—in real time across their organization.
This hands-on, lab-intensive SharePoint project management training course will help guide you through a real-world approach to managing projects and project information with SharePoint. You’ll use SharePoint as a project management information system (PMIS), including developing SharePoint project sites and team sites, working with out-of-the-box SharePoint functionality for managing project-related information, building document libraries, integrating Microsoft Office and Project Server software, building workflows and much more.
How You Will Benefit
- Build and use SharePoint project sites and features
- Explore the integration of SharePoint project site template and Project Server web part
- Build and use dashboards and business intelligence reports to give management visibility into projects
- Construct a PMIS using SharePoint to schedule planning, reporting and forecasting your project
- Allow project stakeholders instant access to critical project documents and information
- Facilitate project team meetings and communication flow with team sites
- Use SharePoint's built-in workflow capability to create custom workflows for your projects
- Develop standard project management processes using SharePoint's BPM capabilities
- Create custom lists, calendars, contacts and project tracking for each project
- Establish project tracking guidelines through SharePoint for all projects
What You Will Cover
- Discovering what you can do in SharePoint
- Understanding base functionality in SharePoint to support your project
- Creating a PMIS in SharePoint
- Building and reusing a project site
- Exploring SharePoint project site template
- Creating a SharePoint site using the project template
- Using project-enhanced features in SharePoint
- Utilizing social communities for project collaboration
- Using MySites for individual project consolidation
- Building workflows with SharePoint Designer to support your project
- Reviewing new workflow actions in SharePoint Designer
- Integrating projects with SharePoint Projects
- Understanding how to apply what you’ve learned to your job
Who should attend
Anyone working in a project environment and utilizing Microsoft SharePoint 2013, including project managers, project directors/PMO directors, business analysts, data analysts, IT and operations managers.