Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Weatherhead School of Management.Full disclaimer.
About the course
In business and in life, success often comes down to the ability to influence others. Influence is the most fundamental of the social intelligence competencies, along with empathy, which predict effectiveness in almost every managerial, leadership and professional job. Leaders and professionals who excel at this competency engage with people at a level that exudes trust, integrity and rapport. The relationships they cultivate with others have powerful effects on the outcomes they achieve, whether they are promoting a new idea, motivating staff, selling a product or service, or negotiating the terms of a deal.
In this workshop, participants will learn and practice the art of influence through personalized and expert-led instruction. Participants will develop greater self-awareness of their strengths and weaknesses and learn techniques to strengthen and improve their ability to persuade. Change management, personal reflection, individual as well as group exercises and discussions will form and inform the course and its content. The core idea throughout the day is the design by each individual of a well thought through plan on how to influence something they need to get done at their work and where the collaboration of others (boss, peer and/or reports) are required. It could be a product innovation, setting up a new system or even arguing for a promotion or frankly anything else on the individual’s agenda. The group will be guided through the thinking as well as the techniques that are required in the art and science of influence. The result will be an individualized plan for the student so that he/she can move forward with what is important to him/her.
- The art and science behind influence – what is the secret?
- Why resonant leaders succeed and dissonant ones fail
- Emotional and Social Intelligence – why it works!
- Effective selling – is it just ‘selling’ or is there ‘something else’?
- Practicing full awareness—are we missing sales opportunities?
- Practicing sales techniques
- Strategizing to anticipate obstacles from people, ideas, or coalitions
- Developing general strategies for getting things accepted
- Putting together an individualized plan for influencing an event important to the student
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Discover the role emotions play in all human interactions
- Realize how feelings engendered by emotions impact outcomes
- Learn how to better influence outcomes – what some may call salesmanship
- Learn better methods for motivating and training sales staff
- Learn how to work with others to get what you want; how to get ‘buy in’.
Who should attend
Professionals and managers interested in developing the skill of influence, including sales managers and sales professionals, buyers, account managers, administrators, supervisors and team leaders.
Trust the experts
Jon serves as co-founder and Managing Partner of the Flourishing Leadership Institute (FLI). The team at FLI has designed and facilitated whole-system change efforts, through large group collaborative summits for organizations that include Fathom, Boing Corporation, Vitamix Corporation, Fortec Me...