Who should attend
The course is recommended for executive managers, team leaders, and professional staff, who are interested in gaining a better understanding of Unconscious Bias and its impact on work, leadership and organisations.
About the course
Understand the benefits and hindrances presented by Unconscious Bias and learn how to manage it effectively.
Unconscious Bias has a pervasive, but often unnoticed, impact on our thinking and behaviour. In organisations, Unconscious Bias affect important organisational processes, such as recruitment and selection, performance management, and diversity and inclusion. Even leadership is often subject to biased perceptions, which impacts the ability of leaders to achieve the desired organisational outcomes. Hence, understanding and managing Unconscious Bias is an important task of effective leadership. However, our knowledge of Unconscious Bias is frequently limited and focused on the negatives. In this course you will gain a better and fuller understanding of Unconscious Bias, its impact in the workplace and beyond, and learn cognitive and behavioural strategies that will allow you to harness the power of Unconscious Bias to elevate the impact of your leadership.
- Gain access to an exclusive assessment tool developed to uncover your personal leadership unconscious bias
- Discover the latest research evidence on Unconscious Bias and leadership
- Become empowered to effectively manage the unconscious bias in your workplace.
- Become aware of the impact Unconscious Bias has on your leadership
- Understand the benefits and hindrances of Unconscious Bias
- Discover the importance of appropriate communication around Unconscious Bias; strategy facilitative of customer engagement
- Practice cognitive and behavioural strategies to effectively manage bias.
Dr Darja Kragt is a lecturer in work psychology at the School of Psychological Science. Her primary area of research is leadership and leadership development. Darja is passionate about developing leaders and leadership through evidence-based research and practice, so that everyone can have a bet...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.