Who should attend
Students from all educational backgrounds welcome.
About the course
The user interface (UI) is the point where your users interact with your website/app. In this course, you’ll learn the fundamentals of UI design. You will learn the UI design process including storytelling, sketching, and prototyping, and how the user experiences these on the front end. Understand how data visualization and web design, impacts branding, visual identity, and accessibility. By the end of this course, you’ll be able to articulate the design process and how this influences the user experience.
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Create and test prototypes to improve their design.
- Select basic colour palettes, fonts, and royalty-free images.
- Learn to craft UI elements like scale, emphasis, organization, motion, and colour.
- Design using mobile-first principles and explore best practices for solving design problems.
- Create user interfaces that are not only functional, but visually appealing and accessibility compliant.
- Apply knowledge of accessibility principles like colour contrast, font size, and organization of visual content.
- Understand the fundamentals of web page anatomy, such as bread crumbs, F scanning patterns, and error states.
- Create a basic style guide and pattern library.
- Create an effective portfolio of UI design work by utilizing different apps.
- Communicate the details of your design to the developers who will be building it.
Najia Aftab is an instructor and project management professional with more than a decade of experience in software engineering, interface design, Instructional design, and Agile principles and practices in technology, postsecondary-education, and non-governmental organizations. Her UX/UI design ...
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.