Uae Labour and Employment Law
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with CIPD.Full disclaimer.
Delivered in partnership with one of the world’s top law firm, Clyde&Co, this 2-day interactive course will walk you through the legal landscape of employing people in the United Arab Emirates from recruitment to termination. It will prepare HR practitioners to successfully handle common labour law issues which arise across the Emirates. Participants will also get to hear about CIPD’s latest thinking in ethical HR and going beyond legal compliance. This is a very interactive workshop with a number of real life case studies, mock trials and a live labour-law clinic with employment lawyers at the end.
Key learning objectives
Upon completion of the programme, you will be able to:
- understand the impact of employment law at the start of the employment relationship
- recognise the main rights that the employee has during the employment period
- identify the issues to address at the termination of the employment
- and much more.
This course is suitable for everyone in HR or the business looking to gain a better understanding of the laws governing employment in the United Arab Emirates.
Fundamentals of Employment Law
Gain the essentials of employment law with this introductory course.
Fundamentals of Employment Law provides a foundation in the key areas of employment law. It enables you to handle the common employment issues that arise on a day-to-day basis in a confident and professional manner
By the end of the Fundamentals of Employment Law course, you'll be able to:
- understand the core legal principles that apply to the relationship between the employer and the employee
- evaluate your organisation’s documentation, policies and procedures against the legal requirements
- provide basic advice on resolving common employment issues.
Creating the employment relationship
- The recruitment process
- - Advertising, application forms, interviews, vetting and barring
- The contract – the different types, offer, terms, clauses
- Immigration, criminal checks, vetting and barring
- References and medicals - what to be aware of
- Employment status
- - Self-employed, part-time workers, fixed-term contracts, zero hours, overseas workers
Maintaining the employment relationship
- Dealing with discrimination issues
- The Equality Act and the protected characteristics
Direct and indirect discrimination
Bullying and harassment
Working Time Regulations and the ‘work-life’ balance
Family friendly rights including maternity, paternity, adoption, parental leave. time off for dependants and flexible working
Disciplinary and grievance processes
A practical approach to difficult issues
Misconduct in and outside work
Abuse of social media
Acting fairly and reasonably
Terminating the employment relationship
- Constructive dismissal
- Wrongful dismissal
- Unfair dismissal
- Employment tribunals – who can claim, types of claim and compensation
Delegates will also have the opportunity to work through a real-life case study illustrating key points of law discussed during the course.
Programme is subject to change pending new developments.
Who should attend
If you're in an HR support role, or a line manager involved in implementing your organisation's policies and procedures, this course will give you a crucial introduction to the essentials of employment law. It is particularly suitable for those starting out in a career in HR or those new to people management. No prior knowledge of employment law is required.