Turn Big Data Into Competitive Advantage
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Maastricht School of Management.Full disclaimer.
Competitive advantage from smart usage of data
The Turn Big Data into Competitive Advantage program mainly targets participants from non-European countries and/or NGOs who are active in these countries.
With 65 years of experience in management development, we understand that today’s managers need to deeply understand the drivers of the success of their organization. Most organizations generate and/or have access to a wealth of data. However, we all know that data is not the same thing as knowledge. Data is not helping your organization to succeed if your organization does not have the tools for interpreting these data or the expertise to use data analytical tools. Managers do increasingly need to be data savvy themselves. If you want to manage your organization’s ability to create value from data, then you need to understand the basics of data-analytics, then you need to be able to apply. That is what is taught in this executive program. It is designed to equip you to turn data into a competitive advantage for your organization.
We will work with a user-friendly data management and reporting tools that allow you to quickly gain an understanding of patterns in datasets and how such patterns can be used to optimize operations and services. Visualization of operations data can help you to identify and achieve improvements in efficiency and effectiveness. The tools that we introduce put data analytics in the hands of the managerial user. In the past, organizations would have had to hire a data science consultant or have fully relied on a specialized data analysis department. Today you can do that yourself more easily: generate customized reports and visualizations from your organization’s data.
Next we will dive deeper into the promise of data analytics as a driver of organizational improvement. Once you are comfortable visualizing and making sense of your data you probably would like to utilize those insights to make better decisions. Much of today’s organizational success is coming from service innovation and operational efficiency gains. Digitalization of service delivery is then a tool to improve service quality and to increase operational efficiency. Data analytics can help you to identify improvement opportunities to the front- and back-ends of your service delivery. You will learn that identifying and monitoring such improvements is a competence that you can develop.
Join us for this week of learning so that you can see that is easier than ever to take control of your data, to deliver better value to your customers, and to remain or become competitive.
Reasons to follow the Turn Big Data into Competitive Advantage program
- Your project is directly actionable inside your company
- The course handles the concepts of what drives the automation of knowledge workers
- Easy-to-use tools make the field accessible for non-engineers
At the end of this program you will:
- Understand how you can improve your managerial proficiency by better usage of internal data
- Understand what big data, data science and data analytics is and what it can do for yoru organization
- Know how to identify possible operational improvements and how to monitor the progress that you make in driving the efficiency and effectiveness of your service delivery processes.
- An introduction to data analytics
- Data driven decision making with the help of big data and artificial intelligence
- Data visualization as a means to identify patterns and possible improvements
- Using data derived operational insight to make better decisions
- The role of data and data-analytics in digitalizing your operations and service delivery
- Managing data as a strategic resource
- Case studies
- Hands-on project workshops
- Interactive lectures
Who should attend
- Leaders of services-oriented organizations that want to drive operational success.
- Managers who would like to understand how data analytics transforms the management profession
- Service managers keen to innovate services and service.