Trends in Health Care Benefits: What Unions Need to Know (LBRO108)
The political and economic environment contributes to a sense of confusion about the essentials of health care coverage/benefits. Union Reps will want to attend this session in order to be up-to-date on what they can expect to see in:
- Trends related to medical and pharmacy benefits
- The latest on Affordable Care Act compliance requirements
- How Unions can help members without access to benefits
- Strategies to minimize cost drivers
Navigating Health Care Trends
The health sector is intricate, dynamic, and far-reaching—a global network of entities that impacts people and economies like no other industry. Legislation, public and private exchanges, and new technologies offer incredible opportunities to improve the experience of care, reduce costs, and improve the health of patients. Navigating Health Care Trends gives you the opportunity to delve into emerging issues with leaders across multiple industry domains. You’ll gain a broader perspective on emerging issues and new approaches to problem-solving.
Get ready for three days of intensive learning from faculty, industry peers, and leading experts. Engaging in a range of lectures and small-group discussions, you'll explore how rapid shifts in the health care landscape affect sectors beyond your own and discover how peers in the industry navigate the challenges and opportunities that result.
New technologies, new competitors, and new policies create continuous change, and the course is structured to show how these dynamics upend business models and cause players to re-evaluate their approaches.
Disruption for Providers
- Disruptive Innovation in Health Care
- Affordable Care Act
- Value-Based Payment
- Medical Value Travel
- Innovation in Emerging Markets
Disruption for Payers
- Accountable Care Organizations
- Consumer Perspective
Disruption for Manufacturers
- Store Label Devices
- Health Technology Assessment
- Niche Medicine
At the conclusion of the program you’ll be able to:
- Understand the perspectives of your partners and competitors in the health care ecosystem.
- Analyze changes in the way providers and manufacturers are paid.
- Understand your customers’ needs to improve the value of your health care product or service.
- Identify which disruptive forces can succeed in the constrained health care space where government plays an important role in regulation and reimbursement.
- Recognize which market segments will grow or shrink in profitability.
- Cultivate a broader understanding of the health care sector to shape factors within your control.
- Reallocate resources based on shifting paradigms.
Who should attend
Professionals and executives in health care strategy, sales, marketing, IT, finance, patient care, or administration will gain the most from the curriculum, but the program is valuable for anyone who needs to understand how organizations prosper in the industry’s evolving landscape.