Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Given the importance of the Treasury & Risk Management, this Oxford online training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Professionals working in Treasury & Risk Management
- Financial Decision-makers
- Managers and those with financial responsibilities
- Professionals acting upon the financial decisions of others
- Professionals with an interest in finance and the latest market developments
About the course
The Treasury & Risk Management function is essential to the success and sustainability of all leading corporate organisations. Never has this been more true, given the ever-increasing pace of change in regulation, compliance, technology and financial risk.
Treasury Management ensures sufficient liquidity to meet obligations, whilst managing payments, receipts and financial risks such as Credit Risk, Oil Price, Exchange Rate and Interest Rate Risk effectively. In addition, effective Treasury & Risk Management will enable companies to make informed and better strategic decisions, providing the analysis, finance and risk assessment.
The aim of this OXFORD online training seminar therefore, is to provide participants with the knowledge and skills to make an effective contribution to the Treasury & Risk Management function.
This Oxford online training seminar will highlight:
- The Role of Scope of Treasury & Risk Management
- The latest international tools and techniques to enable you to identify; measure and manage risk effectively
- Methods to ensure, liquidity, improved investment returns and smooth cash operations
- Capital Investment Techniques and Methods of Finance to support Strategic Objectives
- The features and benefits of derivatives as risk management tools
At the end of this Oxford online training seminar, you will learn to:
- Manage Cash, Liquidity & Working Capital to reduce finance costs and improve returns
- Recommend appropriate Methods of Short-term and Long-term Finance
- Evaluate Capital Investment Opportunities
- Determine and Implement the company’s Risk Management Strategy
- Recommend Hedging and Risk Management Decisions
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
The aim of this Oxford Treasury and Risk Management online training seminar is to provide participants with the knowledge and skills to make an effective contribution to the Treasury & Risk Management function, enabling them to make the following organisational impact:
- Improved informed decision making
- Liquidity; Credit; Capital, Currency; Interest Rate, Commodity Price Management
- Increased profitability through cost and risk reduction
- Improved risk assessment and management
- Improved Corporate Governance and Stakeholder relationships
- Improved finance culture through the dissemination of knowledge and skills
As a result of attending this vital Oxford online training seminar, focusing on the latest issues and risk facing organisations and the techniques to manage them, you will:
- Develop your professional skills
- Understand the latest international tools and techniques
- Be able to make more informed and hence better financial decisions using various models and software
- Increase your importance and ability to contribute effectively to your organization’s goals
- Be able to liaise effectively with other departments and professionals on planning, forecasting, budgeting matters, financial and investment analysis
The Role of Treasury Management – An Overview
- The Role & Scope of Treasury Management
- Operation & Location of a Treasury Department – Cost or Profit Centre; Centralised or Decentralised
- Cash & Liquidity Management
- Working Capital Management
- Capital / Finance Management
- Risk Management
Cash & Liquidity Management – A Detailed Analysis
- Cash Forecasts: Role & Preparation
- Investment of Cash Surpluses to Maximize Return
- Meeting Cash Calls and Short-Term Cash Shortages / Short Term Finance
- Working Capital Management – Determining the Optimum Level
- Multi-national & Group Cash Management
- Cash Budgets: Process & Control
Financing and Capital Management
- Strategic Objectives: Consolidation, Growth, M & A; Joint Ventures, Diversification, etc.
- Financing Strategic Objectives / Long Term Finance (Public & Private Equity v Buyer & Supplier Debt)
- Optimizing the Capital Structure to Minimize the Cost of Capital (WACC)
- The Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM)
- Capital Investment Appraisal – NPV; IRR, Payback
- Capital Rationing: Internal & External
- Identifying Risks and Uncertainties – Internal & External; Financial & Non-Financial
- Measuring Risk – Volatility; Variance; Standard Deviation; Probability; Value at Risk
- Determining the Risk Management Strategy – Assessing Impact and Probability
- The 4 T’s – Tolerate; Terminate; Transfer; Treat
- Internal Controls & Internal Auditing
- Credit & Counterparty Risk Management
Currency, Interest Rate & Commodity (Oil Price) Risk Management
- Forward Contracts and Forward Rate Agreements
- Options – Calls & Puts; European & American
- Futures – Market Correlation; Margin Payments, etc.
- Swaps – Currency & Interest Rate Risk and Benefits
- Foreign Currency Accounts other Internal Methods / Tactics
- Foreign Currency Borrowing
- On successful completion of this online training course, Oxford Certificate with eligible Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) from National Registry of CPE Sponsor, will be awarded to the delegates.
- Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE): In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsor, one CPE credit is granted per 50 minutes of attendance.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.