Who should attend
- Executives responsible for managing or developing employees, to improve performance and organisational effectiveness
- Managers who wish to learn more about motivation and people management
- Organisations and individuals who wish to develop leadership qualities during times of organisational change
- Executives wishing to develop their leadership styles.
About the course
In this programme, we put the question of how managers can lead employees in times of change for maximal commitment and motivation centre-stage.
In times of crisis such as COVID-19, or rapidly changing business contexts, change is inevitable, and managers depend more than ever on their subordinates to get results.
Employees may thus represent both a key resource and a liability for managerial success. Tapping the full potential of employees, however, may require leadership and people management skills that stretch beyond ordinary managerial competences.
Grounded in rigorous, cutting-edge research, the programme aims to provide you with inspiration, hands-on tools, and knowledge that may enhance your emotional and leadership skills for managerial results.
- Inspire and motivate your employees under adversarial conditions
- Flexibly adapt your leadership style to meet the needs of your employees
- Effectively promote change in your organisation, and breach resistance
- Persuade your peers and get their buy-in to a new business idea they might find little appealing
- Create a culture in your teams where employees see failure as a learning opportunity.
The Live Online format of this programme provides the same, high-quality learning experience you can expect from Cambridge, where you will benefit from face-to-face interactions and discussions with your fellow participants and our world-class faculty.
Transformational Leadership in Turbulent Times is a new programme delivered in a Live Online format, with four sessions spread out over the course of four half-days. The Live Online format provides the same, high-quality learning experience you can expect from Cambridge, where you will benefit from face-to-face interactions and discussions with your fellow participants and our world-class faculty.
This highly interactive programme draws upon the already highly successful Transformational Leadership programme, but brings fresh content to reflect the new environment in which leaders look to deliver change. The leadership element focuses much more on leadership authenticity; reflecting our fluid environment. The new format enables real-time collaboration and teamwork with your peers, where you will be required to complete two simulation exercises, designed to help you assess and gain feedback on your leadership skills and decision-making processes. You will benefit from real-time feedback from your peers and our programme faculty. You will leave the programme with the skills and insights necessary to lead change management in our ever-more complex working environment.
- Leadership in times of change or crisis: what are employees looking for?
- Developing flexible leadership styles to meet the needs of employees
- Creating engaging and stimulating work
- Creating psychologically safe work environments
- Breaching resistance to change
- Persuading and influencing for results.
- Explore fresh perspectives and approaches on leadership
- Explore the importance of motivation, change management and persuasion for leadership effectiveness
- Examine and reflect upon your own style of leading, motivating and persuading subordinates and colleagues
- Learn about tools and procedures to manage change effectively, and return to your business with concrete ideas of how to implement change.
Reader in Organisational Behaviour Director of the Management Studies Tripos BSc, MSc (Giessen University), PhD (Aston University) Research interests Effective intergroup relations; organisational creativity; teamwork. Subject group: Organisational Theory & Information Systems Professiona...
BA Doc (Roma Tre University), PhD (University of Cambridge) Previous appointments Dr Alberto Feduzi was previously a Senior Lecturer in Strategy at the School of Finance and Management, SOAS University of London, an Associate Professor at UTS Business School, and an Assistant Professor at both No...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.