Who should attend
- Mid to senior leaders seeking to break into the C-suite
- CXO’s with cross functional responsibilities
- Function and Department Heads handling diverse teams
- Business Unit Leaders with P&L deliverables
About the course
Carefully designed modules shall expose the participants to the distilled wisdom from a variety of fields including neurosciences, management, sports, behavioral sciences, and psychology to lead ourselves to create healthy organizational cultures that deliver. We will learn to appreciate why the Harvard Business Review calls mindfulness the “must‐have skill for executives” and how to leverage the same for extending one’s wellbeing along with that of our colleagues, teams and organizations. This program helps the aspiring senior leaders take a hard close look at themselves and reassess their preparedness to handle the increasingly complex world beset with a multitude of challenges and opportunities. A broad-based exposure to the many opportunities available at leading oneself, one’s teams and the organization shall doubtlessly lead the way to a healthier, happier and more engaged workplace that continues to deliver exceptional results. As Yoda wisely said, “You must unlearn what you have learned…. Do or do not. There is no try.” Here is inviting you to a journey that will transform how you look at yourself, life and the world. Transformational results, both internal and external, shall surely follow.
On Campus Component 1 (3 days)
- Re-imagining Multi-tasking for productive efficiency
- The Changing Arena of Leadership
- Self-mastery – Honing the essential leadership instrument
Programme Coverage Live Virtual Sessions
- Mindful leadership - The Basics [1. Attention & The Now; 2. Automaticity; 3. Judgments; 4. Acceptance; 5. Goals; 6. Compassion; 7. The Ego; 8. Integration]
- Engendering the Growth Mindset for Personal Excellence
- Business Acumen for Leadership
- Leadership for Competitive Advantage
- Visioning for Leading Organizations
- Stress Resilience for Exceptional Results
- The Emotional Dynamics of People Mastery
- Embedding Motivation & Inspiration
- Delegation & Empowerment
- Counseling for nurturing connections - Exploration, Insight, and Action
- The Leadership Essentials
- The Journey to Transformational Leadership
- Sharpening the Team Mind - Communication & Collective Intelligence
- Leveraging Diversity for business results
- Battling and overcoming unconscious bias
- Rewarding Teamwork
- Using Power, Exercising Influence
- Assessing Political Capital for leading well
- Mastering Conflicts - Leveraging Differences to Create Opportunities
- Negotiating Your Way to Success
- Goal setting - The promise and the perils
- Organization design for delivering results
- The hidden heuristics that derail leadership decision-making:
- Lessons from Behavioral Sciences
- Crafting Corporate Cultures for sustained results
- Coaching conversations for development
- Celebrating Leadership
On Campus Component 2 – Valedictory Module (2 days)
- Assessing one’s Developmental Networks
- Leveraging Opportunities-in-place for leadership development
- Lessons of Experience: What to focus upon and where
- Being Well: Promoting Wellbeing
- Integration: Looking back, Surging ahead
The primary method of instruction will be through LIVE lectures that will be beamed online via Internet to student desktops/laptops or classrooms. The pedagogy will comprise lectures by XLRI faculties and will be taught with the help of case studies, experiential exercises, self-assessment, and role plays. All enrolled students will also be provided access to our SLIQ Cloud Campus through which students may access other learning aids, reference materials, assessments, case studies, projects and assignments as appropriate. Throughout the duration of the course, students will have the flexibility to reach out to the professors, real time during the class or offline via our SLIQ Cloud Campus to raise questions and clear doubts.
A minimum of 70% attendance to the LIVE lectures is a prerequisite for the successful completion of this program. The evaluation components of the program may include Reflective Journals, Personal Learning Papers, Projects and/or Assignments.
Participants who successfully complete the same and satisfy the requisite attendance criteria, will be awarded a certificate of completion by XLRI. Participants who are unable to clear the evaluation criteria but have the requisite attendance will be awarded a participation certificate by XLRI.
Bachelor of Engineering Madhav Institute of Technology and Sciences, Gwalior, Mechanical 1991 Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Finance) Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar [Finance, General Management] 1994 Fellow, IIM Calcutta [Behavioral Sciences] Title of Ph.D. Thesis: SPIRITUA...
Read more about Negotiations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.