Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Nanyang Technological University Center for Continuing Education.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Systems thinking and practice offer a highly effective, creative and innovative perspective enhancing organizational capability in meeting new challenges in our fast changing world. One of the major points that systems thinking makes is that everything and everyone is interconnected in an infinitely complex network of systems. When we begin to see the world and one another through this lens, we start to see our circumstances in a new light, taking more responsibility for our own role in problems, identifying more effective ways of addressing recurring challenges and creative and innovative ways to surge ahead. Systems thinking and practice has the power and potential that, once you have been introduced, are hard to resist.
In the 21st century, leaders, managers and executives need to apply critical and analytical thinking frequently to ensure effective decision making. However, the challenge is becoming really complex. Logic and intuition may not be sufficient to see through chaos and complexity in today’s world. A core skill needed is the ability to quickly see reality and act creatively and decisively. Systems thinking and practice help us to view reality wholistically and to ensure that your solutions do not become new problems but genuine breakthroughs. In short, systems thinking and practice give organizations the extra edge in nurturing and sustaining a creative and innovative culture.
- To facilitate creative and innovative change that lasts in organizations and steps are clearly spelt out through applied systems thinking.
- To explain why people do not change even when they say they want to, and what you can do to help them resolve the discrepancy between their espoused purpose and actual intentions.
- To effectively prepare for the issue of new product and service creation and launch.
- For positive culture creation or change in organizations.
- To greatly enhance innovative capacity within the team
- To enhance team bonding significantly
- Mini Motivational Lectures
- Psycho-Dramatised Techniques for Effective Experiential Learning
- Systems Thinking Games & Activities
- Case & Video Analysis
- Group Interaction & Role Play
- Understanding Guiding Ideas of Systems Thinking & Practice
- Applying Systems Thinking Principles
- Working with Non-linear Reality for Creativity & innovation
- Employing Causal Loop Diagrams (CLD) for Creative Problem-Solving
- Detecting Systems Archetypes for Innovative Breakthroughs
- Developing Scenario Processing Capability for Sustaining Innovative Culture
Going Beyond Linear Thinking
- Understanding Creative & Innovative Thinking as the New Science
- Moving from Newtonian Thinking into Quantum Reality
- Thinking Beyond the Box Techniques
- Applying Divergent Thinking Through Paradigm Shift
- Applying Convergent Thinking Through Focus & Intention
- How to Implement Ideas
- Aligning with the Five Power Principles of Openness, Purposefulness, Multidimensionality, Emergent Property and Counterintuitiveness
Applying Systems Thinking & Practice
- Quantum 1: Drawing Causal Loop Diagram for Creative Insights
- Quantum 2: Applying Systems Archetypes for Innovative Breakthroughs
- Quantum 3: Building Scenario Processing Ability to Sustain Innovative Culture
- Quantum 4: Employing 4 Stages U-Process for Generative Dialogue
Who should attend
Trust the experts
Richard Lim is a Consultant Psychotherapist in private practice and a Training Consultant since 2001. In the early 1990s, Richard was involved in training government officials in strategic thinking and socio-political competence. Subsequently in the mid-1990s, he was actively engaged in community...