Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Featuring a combination of group discussion, hands-on individual and team exercises, self-reflection, guided feedback and action planning, these two leadership development programs are perfect for managers, supervisors and directors at any level who are interested in stepping up their leadership acumen for enhanced effectiveness.
About the course
Learn to thrive and support your team in a VUCA (volatile, uncertain, complex, ambiguous) world.
Resilience has positive business outcomes for teams and organizations, especially during times of change. Research has shown that high levels of resilience can deliver valuable work-related outcomes and improve job performance by helping people recover faster from difficulties, reduce stress and develop positive attitudes.
This workshop presents a model of resilience that supports leaders in recovering from setbacks and rebounding to higher levels of success. The business-focused content supports participants in enhancing their personal resilience, so they can strengthen their overall well-being and adaptability in order to drive innovative solutions and better business results. It also equips leaders with the tools to coach and support their teams in strengthening their resilience across eight validated components of resilience.
- Adapt positively to pressure, setbacks, challenges and change to achieve and sustain higher levels of personal effectiveness
- Leverage your resilience strengths to manage stress and help your team manage their stress levels
- Apply tips and techniques to build personal and team resilience in key areas of development
- Coach your team in productive ways to deal with difficult situations and seek support
- Reflect, reframe and redirect your efforts to feel a greater sense of control and security in times of change and challenge
- Enhance the components of resilience to think, work and communicate faster and smarter
- Leverage creative thinking to be more adaptable and ingenious in problem solving
- By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Explain the benefits of increased resilience for individuals, teams and organizations
- State the model of resilience to help you recover and rebound
- Identify resilience strengths and how to enhance areas for development based on individualized questionnaire results
- Apply tips and techniques to improve your resilience ‘muscle’ in eight targeted areas
- Enhance your resilience to be able to lead in a VUCA (volatile, uncertain, complex, ambiguous) world
Definition & Importance of Resilience
- Definition of resilience
- Why is resilience important?
- Impact on individual, team, organization
- The need for resilience “training”
- Resilience building as a skill and muscle
- Not fixed
- Continuous improvement
The Resilience Questionnaire™ Debrief
- Interpretation of results
- Overview of the eight components of resilience
- Group discussion on High, Medium, Low rating against 8 components
- Personal reflection and journaling
Circuit Training to Build Mental and Emotional Resilience
- Model of Resilience
- Experiential Activities (individual, peer work, small group) that focus on the 8 components of resilience
- Building block design to expedite internalization and practice of key components
- Workbook exercises and journaling
Moving Forward – Setting Clear Action Plans for Ongoing EQ and Resilience Engagement
- Integrating new ways of thinking and acting to enhance your leadership effectiveness back at work
- Building on your strengths and identifying strategic areas for development
- Clarifying your vision of success and developing a customized development action plan
- Understanding what and who may impede your ongoing development
Deborah Jann is vice-president, Client Experience and Growth at Connective Intelligence. She draws on 20+ years of experience in HR and innovation consulting, adult education, sales & marketing and intrepreneurship. In addition to being a Master Facilitator, she is a trained Management Coach ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.