About the course
Although there are many various ways to lead and manage a group, the most effective and thoughtful leaders maximize their leadership potential through rigorous education, self-assessment, and training. The purpose of our 'Thoughtful Leadership' workshop is to provide participants with a foundation for growing their leadership capabilities and potential by expanding their understanding of what it takes to be an effective leader. This program will expose participants to core leadership models and approaches and provide them with an opportunity to reflect on their own leadership strength and development priorities to build the foundation of a self-aware, thoughtful, and effective leader.
Participants will be able to:
- List the primary building blocks of effective leadership
- Differentiate between management and leadership activities and priorities
- Describe the competencies and behaviors of effective leaders and identify their own leadership competency strengths and development priorities
- Gain insight to their individual leadership style and identify steps to effectively build their style flexibility
- Define emotional intelligence and discuss its relevance to effective leadership
- Reflect on the type of leader they strive to be and identify steps they can take to grow their leadership capabilities and potential
- Complete a DiSC assessment to learn their leadership and communication style.
- Leadership Building Blocks
- Leadership Priorities
- Leadership Competencies
- Leadership Style
- Leadership Intelligence and Leadership
- Leadership Development Planning
Carol is an executive coach and leadership development professional with over 25 years of experience helping leaders, managers, teams and organizations deliver results and reach their full potential, and over 10 years of experience designing and teaching leadership courses at the MBA-level. Car...
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.