Who should attend
This Master Class is designed for corporate communication professionals in executive or managerial roles on all levels from a broad range of positions, who are specifically interested in the topic of thought leadership, for the benefit of their organisation.
The classroom comprises of a diverse group of accomplished, driven and open-minded professionals from Europe and beyond, working in various communication positions in the public and private sector, NGOs and consultancies.
Participants for this course are advised to hold at least a bachelor degree and 3+ years of working experience in the corporate communication field and related.
About the course
In today’s world of transformational change, thought leaders are organizations who have the guts to destabilise the status-quo and advocate new ways of thinking and doing. They shift paradigms and build future realities. Think of Tesla, Unilever, Lightyear or Buurtzorg - pioneering at the intersection of business and society. Convinced that new realities should and can be shaped. But also non-profit organisations or small entrepreneurs can be thought leading.
This three-day programme stretches the edges of our thinking by exploring how thought leaders go about in navigating the future. Theory and case studies are blended to explore the following topics:
- What do we mean with thought leadership in a society of change?
- How do thought leaders position themselves on the themes that matter to our future society?
- How do thought leaders disrupt ingrained ways of thinking, mobilise stakeholders, drive paradigm shifts and transformations?
- What is the proper role of communication executives in this process and how can they use the power of communication to imagine, shape and express new realities?
The Master Class is designed to help you:
- Understand what thought leadership means theoretically and practically in a world of transformational change. Furthermore, you will learn the differences between transformational change and incremental change.
- Explain the relevance and importance of thought leadership as a positioning and transformational strategy within your own organisation.
- Develop a strategy to 'grow' and 'lead' the 'thought', build trust around it and mobilise stakeholders externally and internally.
Mignon van Halderen runs the professorship Thought Leadership at the Fontys School of Applied Communication Sciences (Fontys Hogeschool Communicatie). She also has her own company, Leading Thoughts, that advises organisations on making choices about thought leadership strategies. She supports t...
Ange leads a team of innovative professionals who are driving the global Communications thought leadership, content creation, publishing activities and planning. Together they strive to increase the impact and efficiency of Communications across the company. Prior to this, Ange led Design & I...
Owner Ping-pong Design and Associate Partner Designthinkers Group Maarten is a Designer at heart. He uses his designing background to help organisations developing meaningful brands. Maarten has a bachelor degree from the Willem De Kooning Academy in Rotterdam and a Master of Science degree from...
Fontys University of Applied Sciences, Eindhoven Brandon has been part of the Fontys lectorate Thought Leadership since 2015. He is a co-developer of the Thought Leadership Framework and has written several papers with Mignon on Thought Leadership. Brandon explores various types of what he would...
Head of Thought Leadership, Siemens AG Dr. Anneke Neuhaus is Head of Thought Leadership at Siemens AG, a global technology powerhouse. In her role, she is responsible for the company’s reputation management, branding and positioning. Before taking on her current position in 2017, Anneke was a pr...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.