Who should attend
- Leaders, managers and entrepreneurs with experience in leading teams, managing resources and implementing business strategies
- Digital professionals moving into leadership roles who are seeking tools and techniques to help drive their organization’s digital transformation
About the course
Develop a strategic road map for digital success
To thrive in today’s digitally-driven world, it is critical to embrace all of the key building blocks for your digital strategy work. Without these, digital initiatives are no more than short-term tactics that cannot drive a longer-term strategic advantage.
This program invites you to explore creative and analytical thinking systems, and to develop a strategic roadmap using innovative tools such as the Business Canvas Model. These tools are part of a design-thinking approach that will help unify your organization around a truly innovative—perhaps even disruptive—digital business strategy.
This program can be applied to the UBC Certificate in Digital Leadership.
Online program format
Delivered self-paced online over 4 weeks, the program includes two live 1.5 hour online sessions each week. Average study time per week is about 6-8 hours, including live sessions.
Our online programs are structured to provide a positive, highly interactive learning environment that brings together a diverse group of participants with an online instructor. All of our instructors are experienced industry professionals who will provide their unique perspectives and ongoing feedback as you navigate through the content.
Benefits for you
- Get a hands-on view of strategic thinking and analysis in a digital workspace
- Gain insights on disruption and the ways that organizations are responding to it
- Integrate critical and creative thinking for a well-balanced approach to digital strategy
- Employ innovative tools and techniques to break through the status quo
- Fast-track business solutions by establishing a design-thinking approach
- Prepare to develop a digital business strategy that is transformative and persuasive
- Overview of the key building blocks for an effective digital strategy
- Introduction to thinking strategies
- Critical thinking and reflection
- The pivotal role of creative thinking and expression
- The art of observation and deduction
- Data visualization and storytelling
- Analysis through prototyping and design thinking
- Mapping your digital strategy to the business canvas
Jim has worked as a senior strategist for over 30 years, on both agency and client side. A partner at Southcott Strategy, Jim specializes in Creativity & Innovation Leadership, Brand Differentiation, Cultural Branding, Customer Experience Planning and Disruption. He is skilled at facilitating...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Business Communication
Read more about Digital Transformation
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.