Who should attend
- (Level 1) Administrative & Support
- (Level 2) Supervisors, Executive, & Emerging Managers
- (Level 3) New Managers
- (Level 4) Managers
About the course
Think on Your Feet® is Clear Messaging
Now, more than ever, we need to be clear, brief, and memorable in our verbal communications. To save time, and to be understood.
Think on Your Feet® will help you do that, immediately. When answering questions, sharing ideas, or contributing in meetings.
How Does It Work? Clear speaking is clear thinking. And clear thinking means organizing your thoughts. Think on Your Feet® Virtual offers 6 structures that help you visualize and organize your ideas quickly – even under pressure.
And by putting your information in formation, it makes it so much easier for your listener to understand and then act on it.
Benefits to You
You: Being clear, brief, and memorable in your communications is critical. You stand out.
- Save time, energy and money
- Less time in virtual & face to face meetings
- Less energy preparing what to say – and much less energy for your listeners to understand you
- Less money spent trying to clarify everything – be understood the first time
- Gain confidence and become more persuasive
- Respond to difficult situations on the spot
- Get to the point and be memorable
- Deliver sensitive information
- Guide your listener’s response
- Stay in control of the conversation
- Ensure your message gets across
- Speed up exchange of ideas and information
Practice, coaching and feedback on how to:
- Explain complex information simply and clearly using Basic Structures
- Communicate ideas persuasively with Assertive Structures
- Manage difficult questions skillfully with Bridging Techniques
(Morning) Module 1
- What is Think on Your Feet® & how do you do it?
- Basic plan structure, and rule of three’s
(Afternoon) Module 2
- Informative structures for organizing your ideas
- A recipe for impact
(Morning) Module 3
- Q&A techniques – bridging from question to answer
- How to expand your listeners perspective
(Afternoon) Module 4
- Crafting a middle ground, selling benefits – and putting it all together
Phil Day began his career in telecommunications, where he gained extensive experience in management, sales and marketing. His clients include Telstra, AXA, KPMG and the Singapore Productivity and Standards Board. He brings to his workshops a rich business background, wide international experien...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.