Comprehensive course analysis
About the course
Today’s leaders have already enjoyed significant career success but are now operating in an environment where the pace of change requires them to have an even greater ability to understand themselves, inspire others, and to challenge their existing view of the world.
This masters-level postgraduate programme directly links leadership with strategy, and the personal with the professional. Today, strategy is no longer a top-down activity but is the responsibility of many people within an organisation, demanding a culture of strategic innovation and openness. In becoming a more Strategic Leader you will be able to connect your leadership imperative with the culture and practice of the wider organisation, thereby delivering sustained impact and influence through individuals, teams and business units.
The Warwick Diploma in Strategic Leadership has been designed to offer immediate impact and long term development for individuals and organisations.
Benefits to you
- Significantly enhance your leadership capabilities and think with agility and creativity about current and future competitive environments
- Taught in London, with only twelve days away from work over one year
- Understand and implement new models and approaches to strategic management and leadership, including the latest insights from WBS faculty.
Benefits to your organisation
- The Diploma is designed to deliver learning which will be immediately applicable to the strategic challenges of your organisation
- The individual assessments you undertake are an opportunity to take on specific organisational challenges
- Your increased knowledge, ideas and awareness will have a positive impact on your teams, and your organisation.
The programme is delivered in four modules, each over four days at WBS London, so executives don’t need to divert from their usual responsibilities at work. Upon successful completion confers the qualification of Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Leadership from the University of Warwick.
The four Strategic Leadership modules build and develop new leadership thinking and transform strategic understanding over one year, with new learning immediately utilised in your own organisation between modules as well as through your final Executive Case project.
- Leadership Essentials
- Strategic Leadership Development
- Creating Strategic Advantage
- Leading Strategic Change and Innovation
John is Professor of Practice in Strategy and Leadership and Associate Dean (Post-Experience Masters Programmes) at Warwick Business School. Before entering academia John was Group Managing Director at a FTSE 100 business and Executive Managing Director at a French CAC 40 business. Previously he...
Biography Graeme''s work has been recently published in leading international journals, such as Academy of Management Journal, Human Resource Management, Public Administration Review, Organization Studies, Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory, Leadership Quarterly, Human Relations...
Prior to joining Warwick Business School, Dimitrios was at Henley Business School and Imperial College London. Dimitrios has taught leadership and leadership development around the globe including UK, Ireland, Finland, Denmark, South Africa, Malaysia and Hong Kong. At Warwick Business School, Di...
Is an organizational psychologist by background and received her MSc in Psychology and her PhD from the University of Fribourg (Switzerland). Previously worked at Birkbeck College, University of London, as a Visiting Scholar at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver (Canada) and as lectu...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.