Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Sauder School of Business.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Integrate Strategic Thinking with Tactical Planning and Execution
This course integrates the best practices of strategic thinking, planning and execution into a fully aligned game plan. Think strategically to set the organizational vision. Convert the vision into effective operational and tactical implementation plans. Create performance-oriented guidelines to help staff execute strategic goals, and ensure that business activities link back to the overall strategy.
- Use “best practice” strategic thinking to analyze the powerful patterns affecting your organization
- Define your strategic options, and select the right ones
- Cascade the organizational vision into executable operational and tactical plans
- Ensure that everyone pulls together in a unified effort to deliver strategic goals
- Redesign performance measures to enhance strategy implementation
- Respond to changing conditions by continually rejuvenating the strategy
- Lead your organization during disruptive times by creating a learning culture
Day 1 - Strategic Thinking
- Strategic thinking tools: PEST Analysis, Key Success Factors and Forecasting
- Elevating your thinking to a strategic level: 5-Forces Analysis for the industry landscape
- Using the 7-step Strategic Analysis framework
- Analyzing your company’s activities at the highest level
- Building a business model that empowers you to think and act strategically
Day 2 - Strategic Planning
- Developing the corporate vision/mission/goals/strategies and tactics
- Uncovering future options with Blue Ocean Concepts (Strategy Canvas; Buyer Experience Cycle)
- Key tools for framing strategy: Product-Customer Matrices and Strategic Group Maps
- Strategic decision-making methods: Alternatives Matrices, the Options-Led Approach and “Playing to Win”
- Eliciting the strategic planning process: “Where are we now; Where do we want to be; How do we get there”
Day 3 - Strategic Execution
- Applying the building blocks of execution: Decision Rights, Information Flows, Aligning Motivators and Structural Changes
- Developing metrics via the balanced scorecard and key performance indicators
- Evaluating and measuring progress
- Putting it all together in a dynamic Strategy Statement
- How to get things done: establishing targets, motivating and managing others
- Minimizing the risk of strategy failure
- Keeping the strategy flexible and dynamic
You will perform a strategic analysis for your organization, and draft your own strategic plan for execution.
Who should attend
This course is designed for managers who are tasked with cascading the organization’s strategic plans into executable performance-oriented operational plans.
Trust the experts
Perry is a lecturer in Strategy and Organizational Behaviour at the Sauder School of Business. He teaches courses on service management, employment relationships, organizational behaviour, strategy and marketing. He has led successful projects involving extremely diverse participants, and has for...