Who should attend
- Organisations wanting to improve their external focus or the effectiveness of their marketing activity - whether public or private sectors - will benefit from this programme.
- Delegates need to be experienced managers, from a marketing or non-marketing background, involved with their business planning and strategy development and/or who have authority to develop and implement marketing plans and strategy. Marketers with strategic responsibility and those developing into senior organisational roles will find this programme valuable as will those marketing practitioners responsible for operational marketing plans and their return on investment.
About the course
In today’s competitive markets, success depends on the quality and effectiveness of market led strategic planning. On paper the challenge is simple: identify your target customers and build them an offer that delivers a competitive advantage. Transforming product facing, financially driven strategies into effective market led approaches is not an easy process but it is increasingly recognised as critical to organisational success. This masterclass tackles the critical issues head on, enabling you to be the architect of competitive advantage and the engine of improved return on marketing investment. The main challenge facing many organisations today is how to ensure their activities are customer focused and their strategy externally driven. Today’s changing business environment drives the continual search for competitive advantage this workshop is designed to provide delegates with the knowledge, tools and techniques to achieve this. The programme is split with a 3 day and then 2 day delivery which includes mentoring and clinic sessions ensuring delegates have the confidence and support to instigate changes in their own business context. Please contact our Sales team to confirm dates.
- Marketing’s role in organisations today.
- The challenge of establishing a market orientation.
- Structure of a customer-focused marketing plan.
- The tools of internal and external analysis.
- The strategic marketing planning process.
- Aligning strategic, operational and tactical level plans.
- The challenges of segmentation in both B2B and B2C organisations.
- Developing the value proposition.
- From product to service to solution.
- Brand strategy and delivering the brand promise.
- Metrics to evaluate and improve future marketing performance.
Richard is a highly qualified and experienced trainer/ practitioner actively involved in marketing education, training and facilitation for a range of UK and international clients in a variety of business sectors. His main interest lies in improving professional marketing standards, with a partic...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.