Who should attend
This program is suitable for board directors and senior business leaders who wish to challenge their own thinking and create more sustainable growth for their organisations.
About the course
A CATALYST FOR A BETTER FUTURE
Disruptions and existential threats have been relentlessly challenging our world since the dawn of the 21st century. The dotcom bust in 2001, 9/11 attacks, the great recession of 2008, digital disruption, geo-political tensions, ideological polarisation, environmental degradation, COVID-19 pandemic, declining global happiness, increasing rates of depression — the list goes on. Given that much of this grim scenario is man-made, will our traditional models of leadership, management, governance, and investment be adequate to improve it? Will the currently widespread zero-sum approach and mindset work to address the enormity of today’s challenges?
We need a whole new model. One that embraces stewardship.
Stewardship is leading, managing, governing, and investing with the purpose of sustaining long-term value creation by balancing the needs of all stakeholders, society, future generations, and the environment.
Based on this integrative and collaborative approach, steward leadership enables more sustainable and inclusive growth. In the 21st century, pursuing such holistic growth might be the only way to safeguard our own personal happiness and success, as well as that of our stakeholders and future generations.
- Mapping the current business ecosystem
- Identifying the value proposition of steward leadership
- Developing a personal Stewardship Core Compass©
- Crafting an organisational Stewardship Core Compass©
- Applying stewardship-centric governance to navigate stakeholder relationships and business volatility
- Harnessing Big Data responsibly for organisational growth and resilience
- Building a human-centric culture in the age of Artificial Intelligence
- Understand how the world has changed in recent years because of massive shifts in both technological and societal norms
- Appreciate how traditional systems of leadership and governance have become outdated in the age of digitalisation
- Internalise the essence of steward leadership — a new, more relevant model for personal, organisational and collective growth in an all-digital 21st century
- Reflect on and proactively design one’s legacy as a steward leader
- Acquire new frames of inquiry for board and managerial leadership
- Formulate cutting-edge strategies for responsible ownership of data
- Lead organisations using a human-centric approach to Artificial Intelligence
KPMG Professor of Management Studies PhD (University of Southampton) Research interests Leadership effectiveness, trust building, maintenance and repair, organisational justice, executive pay and bonuses, behavioural economics and decision-making, behavioural ethics, creativity and innovation,...
Professor Keppo teaches risk management and analytics courses, and directs analytics executive education programs at NUS Business School. He is also Co-Director of NUS Business Analytics Center. Previously, he taught at the University of Michigan. He has several publications in the top-tier jour...
Education Qualifications PhD, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA, 1993 BBA (Hons), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 1985 Research Interest Corporate Governance Strategic Management Technology Policy Academic Experience Director, Centre for Governance , Institutions and Or...
Education 2006 Master of Arts University of Cambridge 1983 Doctorate in Management University of Ghent, Belgium Current appointments 2019 - University Professor Singapore Management University 2010 - 2018 President and Professor of Operations Management Singapore Management University 2...
Professor Simon Chesterman is Dean of the National University of Singapore Faculty of Law. He is also Editor of the Asian Journal of International Law. Educated in Melbourne, Beijing, Amsterdam, and Oxford, Professor Chesterman’s teaching experience includes periods at the Universities of Melbour...
Yancy received her Professional Doctorate in Education (EdD) from the University of Leicester. Her research interests include leadership, school reforms, innovation diffusion, complex systems and ICT integration. Adopting an ecological perspective in her research studies, she explores the multi-f...
Rajeev is the CEO of Stewardship Asia Centre in Singapore, and Founder President of the Leadership Energy Consulting (LEC) Company in Seattle, WA. Author of the Wall Street Journal and Amazon best seller Open Source Leadership (McGraw Hill 2017), Too Many Bosses, Too Few Leaders (Simon & Sch...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.