The Social Environment (3-day Module)
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Alberta School of Business.Full disclaimer.
You will explore key features of Alberta’s social environment, highlighting how social patterns and public opinion both influence and are affected by public policy. Through presentation and discussion, you will have an opportunity to examine some of the key demographic, educational, health, family, and labour market trends in Alberta and Canada, and to consider the implications of these trends for policy and the quality of life of Albertans. In addition to examining social patterns and trends, the course will also explore current issues such as the value of higher education, privatization, family and work, quality of life, and health care.
- The demographic trends reshaping Alberta and Canada
- Shifts and stability in public opinion, attitudes and values concerning issues such as the importance of family; public policy priorities; and the role government should take on health care, education, social welfare and other social issues
- Changing family patterns, including trends in marriage, divorce, and family composition
- Labour market trends, workplace considerations, and future needs in relation to Alberta’s rapidly changing economy
- The impact of technological change on Alberta workers